Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think Mourinho is the ONLY Manager we could get that would keep Lukaku & Stones at the Club.

I also think we'd be top four in his first year in charge.
With a midfield of McCarthy, Cleverley and Barry?

Sorry to..
burst-your-bubble.jpg

I personally think Mourinho is the ONLY Manager we could get that would keep Lukaku & Stones at the Club.

I also think we'd be top four in his first year in charge.

But we won't get him because the board are supporting Martienz. Until Martinez is sacked. I will then think about dreaming about Jose but I can see the headlines

Moyes back with Stubbs

The Neville brothers to take the reins at Everton

Eddie howe linked

We can't get Simeone or Jose but we would have to look at the tier below. Ive heard we are rich now so we can get Jose bt I'm not sure we are on the same scale ta chelsea or man city, more like spurs

We can't get Simeone or Jose but we would have to look at the tier below. Ive heard we are rich now so we can get Jose bt I'm not sure we are on the same scale ta chelsea or man city, more like spurs

This is your definition of a tier below?

"Moyes back with Stubbs

The Neville brothers to take the reins at Everton

Eddie howe linked"

I see no option on the poll for Neil Lennon, winner as a player and manager. Out of work and a home in the North West.

Would be better suited to the RS. Manager of 'victim fc' when at Celtic, won plenty as manager but against crap opposition with at least 10 times the budget of everyone else. Despite this, frequently peddled conspiracy theories in the press. No thanks.

Jose up to 42% in our GOT poll.

If there is any chance of Everton going for him, we need to move fast.
If PSG sack Blanc then they'll move for Jose and with Manu for him to use as a bargaining chip, PSG will throw ridiculous money at him.
He'd be 99.9% assured of winning Ligue A, so would be almost exclusively focussed on the CL.

Move NOW Everton, the fans (or at least 42% of GOTers) want Jose !!

De Boer, Cocu and AVB are currently high on my shortlist.

Wouldnt object to any of them.

Have doubts about AVB myself mate, fact that a lot of the Zenit fans can't stand him makes me worried as hell, also got a 'probably' deserved reputation last season for going massively conservative in games soon as they took a lead, then again they won the title so who can say - just know that the couple of Zenit fans i know reckoned they'd be battering a mediocre team - take the lead then start parking the bus which drove them nuts

Better than the current bloke by a fair margin though but wouldn't be close to my first choice now that i have asked around a bit about what they thought about him

Hasn't AVB said he wants to leave Russia and return to Portugal. I'm sure he turned down a contract extension

He is leaving after this seasn 100% mate, as for where too, he has given a few mixed interviews - think the latest one was saying he wanted to move closer to home (Portugal) but didn't state that he wanted to go back their - just move closer - so guessing he is fishing for a job in Spain - wouldn't be shocked to see him at Valencia or Sevilla/Athletico (should Emery/Simeone move on).

There will be a proper managerial merry go round in the summer, I just hope that when it stops we have a better manager than we have now. I think Lukaku, Barkley and Stones leaving is fairly certain and my main concern is replacing them, we need a manager who will move quickly and decisively in the transfer market. not a ditherer.

I don't want Jose, there is nothing in his managerial career that suggests he would be good for us over the course of a few years. He may turn us succesful after 2 years but then fall out with the players and leave us a little bit stuck. that or he would always have one eye on a bigger job so possibly could jump ship on us at any given moment, which would be damaging to any progress we had made.

I want a manager who we can back and have them want to stay here. Preferably a little bit attacking based, someone who will work with youth to some capacity and someone who can get 11 international footballers looking exactly like that. AVB is a possibility sure, koeman as well is available right now, and i still think there is a window of opportunity for Emery to come here, but that window closes this summer. I can't tell you the perfect manager to go and get, all have their own risk, but Jose would just strike me as a flailing at the hope of being turned around overnight, which is something we would ultimately fail doing.

I don't want Jose, there is nothing in his managerial career that suggests he would be good for us over the course of a few years. He may turn us succesful after 2 years but then fall out with the players and leave us a little bit stuck. that or he would always have one eye on a bigger job so possibly could jump ship on us at any given moment, which would be damaging to any progress we had made.

I want a manager who we can back and have them want to stay here. Preferably a little bit attacking based, someone who will work with youth to some capacity and someone who can get 11 international footballers looking exactly like that. AVB is a possibility sure, koeman as well is available right now, and i still think there is a window of opportunity for Emery to come here, but that window closes this summer. I can't tell you the perfect manager to go and get, all have their own risk, but Jose would just strike me as a flailing at the hope of being turned around overnight, which is something we would ultimately fail doing.
Totally agree. The 'Jose is a winner' idea may sound tempting if people think that's the issue now but this guy is about nothing but his short term cv. Amazed that people think Martinez attitude to Baines was an issue but would support the appointment of a manager who has no respect for anyone but himself.
We need a strong mentality and approach throughout the club, not someone who will isolate many, sulk if he doesn't get what he wants and move on the second it gets tough.

This is a come and get me Everton from Jose here...

'I am not in position to turn down (jobs). I am in a position to analyse, this is April, everything starts in July, every decision is made between May and the start of June,' he told Sky Sports.

'I am not in a position to deny, I am open to any club, national team, but I have to be honest, if possible, a club.

'I would prefer (to stay England). I love the country, the football here, my family is very stable and happy.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-return-management-England.html#ixzz45nM75HBB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back