Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact Mourinho has gone out of his way to do interviews, be seen publicly, at Boxing matches etc, tells me it is not a done deal with Utd.

He's openly said that he is open to any offers and then will make a decision, you don't say that if you know you are going to Utd.
But you may if you are trying to force them into action to head off any offers from elsewhere. It's a way to flush their interest out.

Ralf Rangnick written all over this mate..

Meltdown.

Tuchel and Simeone are just complete no goers. Tuchel is only at Dortmund a year, why on earth would he consider taking a huge step down and coming here? Simeone, you'd imagine his next job would be a step up too, not down. I wouldn't be surprised to see him managing there his whole career or at least most of it actually.

I get why people talk about Mourinho, he's out of a job, etc but the wanting to work in England thing is nothing more than a come and get me plea to United IMO. Mourinho doesn't do managing the 12th best team in England (or even the 6th or whatever). It would be completely out of character for him to take on a difficult job where the odds weren't stacked in his favour. His meltdown would be even quicker than usual.

Tuchel and Simeone are just complete no goers. Tuchel is only at Dortmund a year, why on earth would he consider taking a huge step down and coming here? Simeone, you'd imagine his next job would be a step up too, not down. I wouldn't be surprised to see him managing there his whole career or at least most of it actually.

I get why people talk about Mourinho, he's out of a job, etc but the wanting to work in England thing is nothing more than a come and get me plea to United IMO. Mourinho doesn't do managing the 12th best team in England (or even the 6th or whatever). It would be completely out of character for him to take on a difficult job where the odds weren't stacked in his favour. His meltdown would be even quicker than usual.
Wow.

I can't believe lids would think Jose a bad appointment ?

( However unlikely as it may be. )

I'd be buzzing all summer and season tickets would sell out.

Wow.

I can't believe lids would think Jose a bad appointment ?

( However unlikely as it may be. )

I'd be buzzing all summer and season tickets would sell out.

I didn't say it would be a bad appointment, I just think it's unrealistic. I couldn't see it happening, but if it did, I wouldn't even be convinced it would work out.

I didn't say it would be a bad appointment, I just think it's unrealistic. I couldn't see it happening, but if it did, I wouldn't even be convinced it would work out.
All new appointments come with risk but Jose is one of the surest things in football. We've been in contact of that I have no doubt.

I would never consider Everton to be that to any club in World football.

I guess you are a younger fan?

Would you in that case regard Leicester City as a huge step up from us?

We are just in a bad spell and a barren stage of our history without silverware. That can change quickly with the correct people in charge.

No conspiracy, just that I know the identity of 3 of the 4, they are all employed. I don't know the identity of the 4th.

Weve approached them to see if theyre interested for a summer change or immediately? Putting the feelers out?

Or were actively interviewing them on the sly ?

I would never consider Everton to be that to any club in World football.

I guess you are a younger fan?

Would you in that case regard Leicester City as a huge step up from us?

We are just in a bad spell and a barren stage of our history without silverware. That can change quickly with the correct people in charge.

I'm in my 30s. As a fan, I get your sentiment, but I'm looking at it from an outside perspective. A manager like Tuchel, Mourinho, Simeone - what does Everton have to offer them? Be honest with yourself.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at about Leicester but I'll just answer this question as if it's a straightforward question: Do I regard Leicester as a step down? It's a difficult question to answer given they're about to win the league and my answer would have been different this time last year but the short answer is, no. I think it's fair to say that Leicester are above us as an attractive destination right now. At least for the short term notwithstanding the effect of the new ownership, which I personally am not yet convinced will be the silver bullet some seem to think. I'm cautiously optimistic, don't get me wrong, but it still has to play out.

Weve approached them to see if theyre interested for a summer change or immediately? Putting the feelers out?

Or were actively interviewing them on the sly ?
Maybe that's why they've called Bobby in today, to tell him that we're exploring other options in the close season. Rather than him hearing it through the media etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back