Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not want De Boer. He is so green as a manager and it's a huge step up from the dutch league to Premier league. Feels to me like there is a great risk in appointing him.

Green?

Hes on course to win his 5th league title in 6 years mate.

"only" the Dutch league it might be, but he manages the biggest club in that country, a club with 1 of the finest footballing pedigrees in the world, green is not what he is.

Basic PR. Are they going to tell 2 lads that the manager is on his way out? No. You back the manager until he is no longer part of the club. I'm sure if you read into it, it's happened in many cases. Notably (I know player isn't the same as manager) but Suarez signed a new deal and sold the next summer.

No one can honestly argue that Martinez deserves to stay and have another crack. That's what this season was. Last season should of seen the back of him, given a chance of redemption and done similarly worse.

I feel the outcome of the manager wil be a lot clearer post semi final. Like it or not, he got us here, the players motivated themselves to get there but it's only right he sees out the FA cup.

Lose the semi final and he should be sacked that evening. Prepare for next season. No point dragging it out and minimising the new managers time to get settled
Bang on the money. There's more sense in these two paragraphs than some posters have managed to type in the last six months.

Green?

Hes on course to win his 5th league title in 6 years mate.

"only" the Dutch league it might be, but he manages the biggest club in that country, a club with 1 of the finest footballing pedigrees in the world, green is not what he is.
And has experience of managing at the highest level, Champions league with them, give me a manager with that experience over someone like Howe.

Hes played football at the highest level, hes won championships, cups and champion leagues.

Hes far from green.

Baffled by that claim personally.
Madness to claim it, he has played under some of the best managers and has vast experience at club and international level.

Pretty much a winner, but we like mediocrity.

Hes played football at the highest level, hes won championships, world cups, cups and champion leagues.

I never commented on his playing career, only as a manager. Just because you were a great player doesen't mean you will become a great manager, only time will tell. But it will certainly help.

I never commented on his playing career, only as a manager. Just because you were a great player doesen't mean you will become a great manager, only time will tell. But it will certainly help.
Just to be fair here, winning is winning. If you know how to win as a player you have that experience that can HELP you try to translate it to managing.

I know, but you called him green, im just pointing out that hes done everything that needs to be done in football, as a player and as a manager, im just baffled you suggest hes green, what are you basing this on?

I know, but you called him green, im just pointing out that hes done everything that needs to be done in football, as a player and as a manager, im just baffled you suggest hes green, what are you basing this on?

6 seasons managing senior football at the same club. While he has done a good job at AJax, I just think we should get someone who is more experienced at managing in better leagues.

Edit: Really disagree that he has done everything that needs to be done in football managing.

6 seasons managing senior football at the same club. While he has done a good job at AJax, I just think we should get someone who is more experienced at managing in better leagues.

Assman for the Dutch National team, he has experience with dealing with some of the best players in world football.

Whos your choice then mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back