Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else not fully buy into the Koeman love in? I mean I think Southampton have done ok but have not been massively impressed with what he's done. His game seems to centre around physical centremids and a target man looking to provide knockdown a to pacey wingers. He's far better than Martinez but I'd be a bit 'meh' if he was announced as manager.

He made some good signings for Southampton, more here about his tactics
https://defendingwiththeball.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/ronald-koemans-saints/

Does anyone else not fully buy into the Koeman love in? I mean I think Southampton have done ok but have not been massively impressed with what he's done. His game seems to centre around physical centremids and a target man looking to provide knockdown a to pacey wingers. He's far better than Martinez but I'd be a bit 'meh' if he was announced as manager.
I think he's decent and obviously a well known name in football. May attract players to the club given we may have funds too. I wouldn't say no given our current circumstances but wouldn't be doing cartwheels either.

Let's all be honest Martinez isn't going anywhere is he? The lads who got the picture with moshiri even said both bill and mosh have said he will still be there next season

They were hardly going to tell some random blue that they're sick of him and give him a peek at the shortlist were they.

Standard practice what they've told him imo

I must admit to being surprised to the extent at which Koeman crops up as a possible replacement. He has done a good job at Soton, taking over in difficult circumstances there. Good but but no means spectacular. His record over the previous decade or so is nothing to write home about including being 15th when sacked at Valencia. The fact he has managed PSV, AZ, and Feyenoord all after his initial spell in charge at Ajax suggests to me a guy finding it difficult to get offers from clubs playing in bigger leagues.

He seems a good fit for Soton IMO and should stay there. He is hit and miss, his managerial CV certainly suggests at least as much, and not somebody who seems to me to be "driven to win" in a way that we need.

I would support him if he came to us, (of which I think there is quite a high possibility actually, I would have him and De Boer down as favourites / most likely to get the job) but I would find Koeman to be an underwhelming appointment.

Let's all be honest Martinez isn't going anywhere is he? The lads who got the picture with moshiri even said both bill and mosh have said he will still be there next season

Aye proper sauced are those two lads, sure Moshiri often confides the inner workings of whats going on at the club to grown men who ask him to pose for selfies

Basic PR. Are they going to tell 2 lads that the manager is on his way out? No. You back the manager until he is no longer part of the club. I'm sure if you read into it, it's happened in many cases. Notably (I know player isn't the same as manager) but Suarez signed a new deal and sold the next summer.

No one can honestly argue that Martinez deserves to stay and have another crack. That's what this season was. Last season should of seen the back of him, given a chance of redemption and done similarly worse.

I feel the outcome of the manager wil be a lot clearer post semi final. Like it or not, he got us here, the players motivated themselves to get there but it's only right he sees out the FA cup.

Lose the semi final and he should be sacked that evening. Prepare for next season. No point dragging it out and minimising the new managers time to get settled

Do not want De Boer. He is so green as a manager and it's a huge step up from the dutch league to Premier league. Feels to me like there is a great risk in appointing him.

Do not want De Boer. He is so green as a manager and it's a huge step up from the dutch league to Premier league. Feels to me like there is a great risk in appointing him.

....I think there's a risk in any appointment. I'm sure Moshiri has the right people doing their homework to identify a list of candidates. Let's just hope they go for the right one if the inevitable happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back