Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would. He would add to the team everything we lack at the moment. Top players would follow him here. Even if he didn't have a long term plan a bit of short term success wouldn't do us any harm. I know it went wrong for him at Chelsea this season but that is the exception rather than the rule with him, and I think the egos and lack of professionalism in their dressing room played a big part.
Don't think he would bring short term success though, we might have a few quid going spare but we're still nowhere close to competing at th every top especially with how Utd city Chelsea, etc are going to go at it in the summer. He's not suddenly going to make that much of a difference

And as a man he has no class, he's a greasy cretin not befitting of how we do things, having the best youth set up in the country would be pointless as well because he doesn't do youth. Wouldn't do anything special to justify the negatives

Unsworth as temp

Mourinho or Pellagrini - with Unsworth as assistant for back ground Info

Dunc hiding his light under a very thick bushel so no

Ratters - give over

Sheedy can stay

the rest can do one=anybody tainted by Martinez's failure

Don't think he would bring short term success though, we might have a few quid going spare but we're still nowhere close to competing at th every top especially with how Utd city Chelsea, etc are going to go at it in the summer. He's not suddenly going to make that much of a difference

And as a man he has no class, he's a greasy cretin not befitting of how we do things, having the best youth set up in the country would be pointless as well because he doesn't do youth. Wouldn't do anything special to justify the negatives
I think we're very close to competing at the top. If we bring in 2/3 top players and a manager that gives us a bit more resilience then the sky is the limit for this side.

I think we're very close to competing at the top. If we bring in 2/3 top players and a manager that gives us a bit more resilience then the sky is the limit for this side.
Just don't see it especially next year when all the top sides are dropping mad money

No karanka, Howe or anything.

We need a winner. Someone who knows how to play In a top league (no disrespect to Karanka or Howe mind), but we need someone who can make the team tick... Who isn't a championship manager. We've had two in Moyes (who excelled up until he reached his ceiling, then had no other option) and Martinez (who has good ideas, just lack the ability), and we're going backwards... It's not what we need. I guess from that list, I'd probably choose deBoer, but that would be risky.

We can't let Martinez spend £100m this summer.

The state of this thread...

No Everton manager is going to get £100M from this Summer.
Bobby is going nowhere, it would be an expensive waste of time and money if he did.

The state of this thread...

No Everton manager is going to get £100M from this Summer.
Bobby is going nowhere, it would be an expensive waste of time and money if he did.
He has 3 years left on his contract and earns roughly £3m a year, so £9m for us to sack him. If a new manager came in and averaged 2 places higher in the premiership for 3 years then it would be worthwhile.

He has 3 years left on his contract and earns roughly £3m a year, so £9m for us to sack him. If a new manager came in and averaged 2 places higher in the premiership for 3 years then it would be worthwhile.

Not necessarily, you don't the stipulations of his contract, he may need to finish a certain position to get full redundancy package.

Why a waste exactly?
because any manager would rip up the squad and spend huge amounts remaking it in his image with players who aren't any better than the ones we have now. The fans would then use this spending spree to denounce him as a fraud and useless manager (unless he miraculously gets it instantly right), then the'd hound him week after week until he gets replaced and the whole sorry cycle starts again.

because any manager would rip up the squad and spend huge amounts remaking it in his image with players who aren't any better than the ones we have now. The fans would then use this spending spree to denounce him as a fraud and useless manager (unless he miraculously gets it instantly right), then the'd hound him week after week until he gets replaced and the whole sorry cycle starts again.

Bollocks

The squad is fine, it needs additions. One of Europe's hottest strikers, midfielders and defenders. Coupled with internationals throughout.

Don't talk utter BS. The tactics and fighting spirit need to be addressed not the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back