Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit optimistic saying mourinho considering he's in with a chance of the Utd job. Saying that he is a mad b@sturd and may go for something of a project than a sure thing. Who knows......... I'll tell you who does. Moshiri! He knows.

Is this sarcastic or not? I can't tell.

Yes, in a word. If he were to resign, unlikely though who would we get in for the rest of the season. Me as there are only a few games to go I would ask Dunc, Sheeds or Ratters to take control. Can they do any worse?

But would give us time to get a new manager with some proper experience and knowledge.

I don't know that £100 million plus the players we have is enough to attract Mourinho, but if it was I would have him in an instant. I like Howe but he isn't a proven success. We need someone who has had success and who has a proven track record in the transfer market. Our new found wealth now allows us to compete for this type of manager. Cannot see Moshiri entrusting £100 million to someone he hasn't got the utmost confidence in.

No karanka, Howe or anything.

We need a winner. Someone who knows how to play In a top league (no disrespect to Karanka or Howe mind), but we need someone who can make the team tick... Who isn't a championship manager. We've had two in Moyes (who excelled up until he reached his ceiling, then had no other option) and Martinez (who has good ideas, just lack the ability), and we're going backwards... It's not what we need. I guess from that list, I'd probably choose deBoer, but that would be risky.

We can't let Martinez spend £100m this summer.

Wouldn't want Jose.
I would. He would add to the team everything we lack at the moment. Top players would follow him here. Even if he didn't have a long term plan a bit of short term success wouldn't do us any harm. I know it went wrong for him at Chelsea this season but that is the exception rather than the rule with him, and I think the egos and lack of professionalism in their dressing room played a big part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back