Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah thought that.

The way i look at things going forward mate, the next 5 years for this club is massive and will effectively decide how we are viewed and where we stand as a club for the next 20 years or more.

Stadium - do we go tin pot IKEA effort in the sticks or do we go all out and do something that really leaves a mark on the city
Do we settle for mediocrity in our manager, players, commercial team, what have you - or do we demand the best and when they dont perform we replace them

Will get laughed at for saying it by some, but seriously sound out Mourinho - can we pay him what he'd want - yup, can we offer him a very good squad that has been underperforming - yup, can we back him with substantial finances to shape the team mroe to what he'd want - again yes

As a manager whose reputation has taken a beating the past 6 months or so - he could actually be up for a challenge - and one with less of a pressure cauldron atmosphere which could suit him now

We don't try we will never know

The way i look at things going forward mate, the next 5 years for this club is massive and will effectively decide how we are viewed and where we stand as a club for the next 20 years or more.

Stadium - do we go tin pot IKEA effort in the sticks or do we go all out and do something that really leaves a mark on the city
Do we settle for mediocrity in our manager, players, commercial team, what have you - or do we demand the best and when they dont perform we replace them

Will get laughed at for saying it by some, but seriously sound out Mourinho - can we pay him what he'd want - yup, can we offer him a very good squad that has been underperforming - yup, can we back him with substantial finances to shape the team mroe to what he'd want - again yes

As a manager whose reputation has taken a beating the past 6 months or so - he could actually be up for a challenge - and one with less of a pressure cauldron atmosphere which could suit him now

I think thats a good shout mourinho now we have money.
I think a few big teams will keep away from him an he would be loved here

im kind of embarrassed that Mourinho is even on the list, no one seriously thinks he'd come here do they ?

I mentioned Jose a while ago, albeit as a throwaway suggestion.

He has his flaws but he's proven, we look to be wealthier than before - why not recruit the best proven winner we can?

Why not?

Wild, daft speculation, but I would be astonished if our new owner does not know Jose anyrate. Football being the closed shop that it is.

Would be fun.

Why not?

Wild, daft speculation, but I would be astonished if our new owner does not know Jose anyrate. Football being the closed shop that it is.

Would be fun.

Roydo mate, way i look at it, you told me this time last year that we'd end up with this owner i'd have called you a lair and never beleived we'd get someone of that calibre buying us.

Why not try get that stadium on the docks we all still moan about missing out on.

Why not get the absolute best manager we can try for

Side note - Usmanov and Abramovic are bessie mates btw, can get his mate to have a word with his mate to have a word with Jose lol

Rafael benitez should never be allowed to step foot anywhere near Everton, never mind manage us.

Hate that people suggest him, literally just screams 'i'm trying to be edgy' when the fella hasn't been that successful at all for years.

How would you all feel if Jose is proven to be sexist and disrespectful to his staff?

Wait and see how the employment tribunal goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back