Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read back the last few weeks, the poor lad took a break cos everybody was tagging him into every thread and I dont mean just Damo.

Sure hes put himself as a target for having a view thats not shared by most, but honestly its unfair how much grief he takes, I constantly take a look at RAWK, they never stop talking about him either, somebody has even made a twitter account under his name who the mutants over there think is actually David.

Im just asking everybody to take a step back and realise that underneath the username there is a real person with real feelings.

(Not sure if serious)

Low - been poor in league football and its a different kettle of fish to international football. dont want
Pellegrini - has his goose been cooked ? just cant see him being strong enough to get us where we want to be ! has a character of a damp cloth !. dont want
Hughes - rubbish
Moyes - no thanks
Boas - had two attemps and failed in the prem

others I'd be open to

suprised Marcelo Bielsa hasnt been linked ? could do well for us I reckon ! brings something different to the table than other managers linked

Low - been poor in league football and its a different kettle of fish to international football. dont want
Pellegrini - has his goose been cooked ? just cant see him being strong enough to get us where we want to be ! has a character of a damp cloth !. dont want
Hughes - rubbish
Moyes - no thanks
Boas - had two attemps and failed in the prem

others I'd be open to

suprised Marcelo Bielsa hasnt been linked ? could do well for us I reckon ! brings something different to the table than other managers linked

Bielsas name has been heavily linked in this thread and the media.

Davek needs nor wants no allies, he will single handedly school all yo asses and feed off the fume.

Correct. Few years ago there was a reality TV on here in Ireland. Paddy power had betting on it. Me and a mate were in a betting shop and said we would test this theory. Asked for 300 on a 4/1 shot . Girl behind the counter said she would have to ring it in. Came back and said max 100 bet. We said twas grand we'd leave it. Next betting show the person we requested the bet on was 6/4 without a bet been struck . Bookies don't like taking bets on things they have no inside knowledge of

This is the case. I remember at the election laying out bets of a similar size on constituency vote. All had to be rung through, there was policy on particular unique events and often a conversation with two people. I had to explain that you can't (or shouldn't) be able to rig an election!

The O'Neill shouts are interesting. Someone in Ireland may have got word and put down a huge chunk of money when he may have been 33-1. The odds collapse and people jump on the bandwagon. There could be some insider knowledge but whats interesting is there is nothing anywhere on the internet or the press about it. Normally something gets slightly leaked. I'd be very surprised if it were more than a couple of people triggering a run on him.

What I do think it illustrates though is the fickleness of the "favourites" idea in this race. We have seen a couple of times people from left field, coming in to be favourites. People discarding Mourinho at 20-1 shouldn'tm it's well within the range.

Read back the last few weeks, the poor lad took a break cos everybody was tagging him into every thread and I dont mean just Damo.

Sure hes put himself as a target for having a view thats not shared by most, but honestly its unfair how much grief he takes, I constantly take a look at RAWK, they never stop talking about him either, somebody has even made a twitter account under his name who the mutants over there think is actually David.

Im just asking everybody to take a step back and realise that underneath the username there is a real person with real feelings.

@davek is a legendary poster. He's been on this forum for almost ten years and is an excellent sport. He's a top blue also. Given the season we've had who wouldn't need to take a break? I've needed to at times.

Its been hugely disappointing this season for him. He just wants Everton to win all their games and play with style. Can't argue with him on those points.

Just hope Moshiri makes the appropriate decisions for the club in due course. Whatever way they go.

We need to be winning tin pots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back