Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was sacked by Sunderland because he was taking them down with the worst and most boring football that Sunderland had ever seen. He didn't even attend the club's training sessions. The very last thing that our bone idle overhyped squad needs is Martin O bloody Neil!

Hammer ... meet nail.

Spot on and we know RM is responsible for them thinking that way with his ridiculous public statements

Emerys league form is a bit poo, poo.

Lorca - took them over mid November when they were struggling. Promoted 2nd division first time in history. Next season 5th, narrowly missed another promotion when they were 2nd favourites to be relegated. Voted best coach in division.

Almeira, first season promoted to La Ligua (voted best coach in division) second season highest position ever in La Ligua- 8th

Valencia - took over after poor season from Koemann (10th), amid financial chaos (players not paid for 2 months) reached 6th, next three seasons finished 3rd. Net transfer spend due to financial problems over 4 seasons -£63 million.

Sevilla finished 9th previous season, finished 5th first season, 5th second season, will finish 7th this season: net transfer spend -£83 million. Won Europa league twice.

In my opinion, given the financial situations he's had to deal with that's outstanding league form. Imagine what this guy could do with some money and not having to sell his best players. He'd be my first choice.

Favre is the king of this category for me mate, which is why I want him so bad. Along with the fact I think his style would suit the Prem to a tee.
Came face to face with Emery in Europa league knock out stages and lost. Favre's good, Emery in my opinion is better. Be happy with Favre even happier with Emery.

[QUOTE="bluestevon, post: 4451313, member: 15811"

Also Guardiola is the best? nah not having it, Mourinho has done more and a few others have matched what Guardiola has done

Barcelona tremendous job - mainly in Europe that it stands out
Bayern - won a one team league 3 times - having taking over the team that had just won the German double and CL the season before, what top level manager wouldn't have matched what he has done at Bayern the past 3 years though? - Bayern the season before under Hynkes actually where bloody brilliant and far more exciting a team to watch that any Guardiola team has been as well[/QUOTE]

Without wanting to get into the whole Pep debate, he's murdered the bundesliga like no other manager has previously done. He's broken all kinds of records like most titles won in a row, most goals scored, most points per game, most games won etc. He's failed in the CL but his domestic record shouldn't be dismissed, no other team has had a look in while he's been there which hasn't been the case before.

Came face to face with Emery in Europa league knock out stages and lost. Favre's good, Emery in my opinion is better. Be happy with Favre even happier with Emery.

Favre did the double over Guardiola last season but I'd still take Guardiola first, if you follow my line of reasoning.

Edit: I'd also be happy with Emery (though what on earth has happened with his away league record this season?)

They must surely announce his departure before the Norwich game, that way he'll get a half decent send off, if it's not announced, well that final walk around the pitch could be done to an empty stadium and no one deserves that, imho after the Sunderland game will be the time.
This. It could be very uncomfortable for him and the fans.

Favre did the double over Guardiola last season but I'd still take Guardiola first, if you follow my line of reasoning.

Edit: I'd also be happy with Emery (though what on earth has happened with his away league record this season?)
I do and a couple of games isn't definitive but when you look what Emery has done, I think he's over performed longer than Favre and won the Europa league 2 seasons running.

I do and a couple of games isn't definitive but when you look what Emery has done, I think he's over performed longer than Favre and won the Europa league 2 seasons running.

Yeah there's defo a lot in favour of both. I'd be excited by either (though Emery has always come across to me as a bit of a knob)

No easy task for Emery at Sevilla, the club was in poor shape financially and every summer had to sell their best players to stay solvent. He has done an amazing job there.

They will crush Liverpool in the final as well, no worries on that one. Sevilla are a cracking team.

Let's hope. Saw Sevilla a couple of years ago and loved the passion of their fans. I'll even invest in their replica shirt for the occasion.

Don't know to be honest, he's won away in Europa. It's never been an issue in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back