Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, if Mr. Jose Mourinho approached us, we'd have absolutely creamed ourselves, sacked Martinez on the spot and installed Jose as our new leader the very next morning.
Minus the salary negotiations which would make anyone stop and think

No man is bigger than Everton Football Club but if it was Mourinho, the attitude to Everton would change, from the media etc. Also he would change our fans stupid mentality of "plucky little Everton". Maybe we could go back to the Everton my old man told me about.

*Also add the benefit of watching a lot of fans lose their heads at us being good again...*

image.webp

image.webp

Does make you worry, has the club been leaking out o’neil rumours to try get everybody back on bobby side. cos just seriously cant b any truth in that numpty coming here!

Zat.
That really is not true is it ?

I have no problem with people not wanting or not rating O Neill , but what you are saying is simply not true.
O Neill did well at Villa and I think they finished sixth in his last season. He left at the very start of the next season because he wasn't given money to sign players and I think a couple of his key players were sold.
I remember Young going to Utd and Milner to City, but there may be more.

O Neill felt that Villa were on the point of challenging for top four and wanted to buy players to push on. Lerner , instead sold some of the better players and O Neill left.
The Villa fans at the time certainlty sided with O Neill and were sorry to see him go.
I think the tailspin the club has been in since then is probably what O Neill saw coming.

I am not advocating O Neill as manger, but cannot understand the support for Pellegrini who has possibly the most expensive squad in the world at his disposal and still puts out team that don't convince, Hiddink who is in semi retirement , Mancini..see Pellegrini , while O Neill has a good record at club management . Don't forget he even took Celtic to a Europa Cup final, or whatever it was called then.

Are you sure they were sold just before he left?

Look at the squad he had, massive salaries on players and enormous transfer fees for average players. Not exciting to watch either and i think lerner had told him no cash before he shifts on players.

Does make you worry, has the club been leaking out o’neil rumours to try get everybody back on bobby side. cos just seriously cant b any truth in that numpty coming here!

Keep that up and it will backfire on them. We know we can hire a UCL level manager now.

Honestly I reckon he would be keen, money and a very good squad with a lot of potential. I also think he would absolutely love the fans, we all argue amongst ourselves a lot but we are bit special aren't we?
Special olympics special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back