Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really do think people are kidding themselves with Mourinho talk.

TBH the only person that needs to be impressed is Jose Mourinhio and no one else, if Morshiri can convince him to join with the promise of cash he may be tempted as from what I have heard he wants to stay in England.

For those who question why he would go to Everton need to ask why he went to Chelsea, smaller club with cr@p history spending most of its existence in the lower leagues ?

Its the project mate...the vision to where they want to be and the resources to do it

He had it at Chelsea and now could have it at Everton. Not saying he will join but its not as unrealistic as it's been made out.

TBH the only person that needs to be impressed is Jose Mourinhio and no one else, if Morshiri can convince him to join with the promise of cash he may be tempted as from what I have heard he wants to stay in England.

For those who question why he would go to Everton need to ask why he went to Chelsea, smaller club with cr@p history spending most of its existence in the lower leagues ?

Its the project mate...the vision to where they want to be and the resources to do it

He had it at Chelsea and now could have it at Everton. Not saying he will join but its not as unrealistic as it's been made out.

You have to bear in mind that he had only been in management a short amount of time when he first went to Chelsea and was coming from Porto who, wilst being fairly big in Portugal, were not on the scale of the Premiership at the time.

He has since managed the best teams in Europe and may see us as a step back career wise.

at least 'magic anfield' wont come into play

They are still the devil's club regardless of where they play.

That cup was theirs as soon as they had the freak comeback against Dortmund.

Accept it now it will be less painful when it happens then!!

I will be fuming when we sack him, as much as I'm fuming he's still here now. Should of been done when another manager could come in and actually salvage something from our season. At the very, very latest in should of been done 10 minutes after the final whistle of the derby.

If the rumours are true that Moshiri wants his own man but Kenwright and Elstone want Martinez then I wouldn't blame Moshiri if he refused to invest a penny towards transfers this pre season.

Well if United stick with LVG and PSG keep Blanc where else is he going?

Normally I would agree but there is a possibility that usually wouldn't be there.

He seems to like us, we have a lot of potential, he obviously wanted to work with Stones, have a bit of money to spend, he will get total control of transfers and most importantly his reputation has took a knock this past year so he will be hungry to prove himself.

With all that in mind...why the hell not?

If it wasn't for this I wouldn't want him near, but the fact he has something to prove again, is why United or us would be foolish not to at least try.

I will be fuming when we sack him, as much as I'm fuming he's still here now. Should of been done when another manager could come in and actually salvage something from our season. At the very, very latest in should of been done 10 minutes after the final whistle of the derby.

If the rumours are true that Moshiri wants his own man but Kenwright and Elstone want Martinez then I wouldn't blame Moshiri if he refused to invest a penny towards transfers this pre season.

Patience is a virtue.

More managers will be available in the summer. It will cost us less to get rid in the summer and it wouldnt have changed a thing in the short term.

Rumours...thats all they are.

You have to bear in mind that he had only been in management a short amount of time when he first went to Chelsea and was coming from Porto who, wilst being fairly big in Portugal, were not on the scale of the Premiership at the time.

He has since managed the best teams in Europe and may see us as a step back career wise.

True however at this stage of his career it could be a goer

He has managed the very best in Italy and Spain with Inter and Real Madrid so its not as if he has anything left to prove. He could go to PSG but where is the challenge in that league.

if he wants to stay in the EPL and Man Utd stick with LVG than Its about what the club's ambition is and how he could be competitive in the EPL in my view.

For those who question why he would go to Everton need to ask why he went to Chelsea, smaller club with rubbish history spending most of its existence in the lower leagues ?

He also had a Russian billionaire at Chelsea

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if United stick with LVG and PSG keep Blanc where else is he going?

Normally I would agree but there is a possibility that usually wouldn't be there.

He seems to like us, we have a lot of potential, he obviously wanted to work with Stones, have a bit of money to spend, he will get total control of transfers and most importantly his reputation has took a knock this past year so he will be hungry to prove himself.

With all that in mind...why the hell not?
This is my reasoning, particularly the reputation bit, it's taken a knock.

Patience is a virtue.

More managers will be available in the summer. It will cost us less to get rid in the summer and it wouldnt have changed a thing in the short term.

Rumours...thats all they are.

Would rather of gave the team a chance of winning the cup to be honest, even someone in on an interim basis would of been a better option than Martinez.

Emery would deserve it even if he lost the final, the man is a genius. I'd actually have him as my first choice ahead of Mourinho and Pellegrini. Think we'll end up with my third choice though, Pellegrini, which I'm still happy with.
Why would he want to come here. ?

I don't like Mourinho, but that is not relevant to the job. I would admire him hugely if he had the guts to take us on. It would be completely exceptional within the small, elite circle of managers he belongs to, where a ready-made squad and instant millions seem the answer to every problem.

Clearly he would be funded to do the job, but not I imagine on the scale of the modern-era elite PL clubs. There is a big risk to his reputation if he took the job, and either in absolute/relative terms, failed to succeed. He is then on a downward trajectory career-wise, but would he think that anyway by becoming Everton manager?

It would be terrific if he really backed himself and his talent to join us, and make us competitive to the degree we all want. If he only managed a domestic cup and CL qualification, he would be a hero for me. Anything beyond that, and he would truly confirm himself as the finest club manager of his generation.

Mourinho would boss it for two seasons then fall apart in the third. I'm well up for two seasons of smashing everyone.

Agreed if we can't get the chosen one , we may as well build a shopping centre on GP and we can all take up fishing with hibbo, on saturdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back