Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Man Utd situation is a strange one. Do they really want to keep Van Gaal? Are some factions in their board really that opposed to Mourinho? I wonder if we're waiting on the possibility of Utd not taking up an option on him. I hope Utd get top 4 and win the FA Cup because i makes sacking LVG harder.

Or we could all be completely deluded to think it's at all realistic.

I just hope we don't end up with proven lightweight AVB or marginal Martinez upgrade Pellegrini.

OK we all want Jose but let's get back to reality for a few minutes.​

So who available

Pellegrini, been replaced, wants to stay in the premeirhsip, already lives in the area. On a free and a wealth of experience, massive upgrade on Martinez

AVB
Contract up, experience of the premiership. Might want to come back and prove a point, small upgrade on Martinez and still got alot to prove if he a top class manager. Not for me.

Martin O'Neil

Contract runs out in the summer, prem experience. Could be a dark horse but he from the old school of football and do we want this? Plus he done a terrible job at Sunderland but so do most managers.

Quique Sanchez leaving Watford, massive gamble and not an upgrade on Martinez

David Moyes
Available, done a great job when at Everton, now got European experience, won't be dreaming of the man u job anymore, dumped his backroom team. But had 11 years and won nothing with us and would split the fan base up on day 1 and is he good enough to take on the likes of pep, conte, klopp, pochettino, etc

Maybe available

Koeman
1 year left. Board keep selling players and likes to move around good eye on transfers, I would say he an upgrade on Martinez but long term he is a concern as he doesn't like to stick around.

Frank D B
Contract runs out in 2017. Won't coat a fortune to get. Popular choice with the fans. Backroom staff with premiership experience. It's time for him to looking for a new challenge and the premierahip is the place to be. But is he ready for the premiership? Someone got to take a gamble on him. Been linked to take over Wenger. What his team like in Europe?

Dreamland

Jose, no club wants a premiership club, hates the R's more then us. World class but for the past 3 months, he is Manu bound, wouldn't put any money on this at all.

Been very pedantic, it hasn't been the 'Premiership' for about 7 years.

De Boer is most definitely my second choice. Jose obviously first.

Think Jose would have the pull to keep the 'Big Three' of Ross, Rom and Stones, whereas I dont think De Boer would be able to keep Lukaku.

The other two most definitely though, can you imagine Stones learning from De Boer and Stam? (Provided he brings his staff with him)

Think his hands are tied at Ajax and that makes it hugely difficult for him to compete in Europe but winning the Eredivisie 4 times in 6 years is still a good record. Ajax love to promote their Youth and i think he would take one look at our Youth Setup and would be hugely encouraged.

Current top choices in order.

1. Emery - only downside is lack of fluent English. A winner even when his teams get broken apart every year.
2. Favre - promotes young players and plays really exciting football
3. De Boer - big name player who uses lots of young players, downside is the lack of competition in dutch league and poor european record
4. Pelligrini - not a long term choice but good track record, if he were coming straight from Spain we'd all be really excited.

So De Boer "would love" to manage us? Go get him.

If we sack Martinez and end up with a Martin O'Neil or Mark Hughes knowing De Boer was interested then that would be a huge kick in the balls.

Obviously see if Jose wants the job first like, but if he's stalling and making us wait because he wants the United job, go all out for De Boer now and get him signed up before someone else pinches him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back