Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if De Boer would come here he surely would try to bring his staff because risk of failing would increase significantly without them. It wouldnt be ideal situation for him. Too big change maybe?
It would obviously be better for him if he brought them with him. Not least because both of them have played in England.
However if they didn't come with him, you'd have to trust him to get good replacements. I suppose it depends what their ambitions are as to whether they come here.

I'd like to see someone like Duncan Ferguson in charge for a season... a bit of a bully to get the players into working, I know it's hard for the players to perform with all the negativity around social media and with RM doing no favours... I've watched them a lot - this season and last season the work rate and desire has gone, Barry, McCarthy and Besic seem to be the only ones making hard tackles... we need to put the fear of god into our opponents (let them know we are there. We make it too easy for other teams playing us, especially at home - I can sense the frustration and there's little to be happy about but regardless... we have to get behind the boys!! yeah have a dig at RM as its entirely justified but we need more of an atmosphere at Goodison.. its too stale at the moment.

Ferguson is a part of Martinez's back room staff, he's part of the problem.

The idea of Frank de Boer and his assistant staff excites me.

Imagine Deulofeu and Barkley learning from Bergkamp?
Imagine Stones and all our young defenders learning from Stam?

That being said, I think it is unlikely that:

A) We'd actually manage to get de Boer
B) It's even more unlikely all his staff would come with him

But for now, because I'm an irrational Everton fan, I'm putting all my eggs in this Dutch basket.

I'd like to see someone like Duncan Ferguson in charge for a season...

Problem is this is a total unknown, whilst his passion for the club (same for Cahill) is not in question, it's not enough. It seems the pattern that the more low-key average players become the better managers, and vica-versa.

Unsworth though, if only as a care-taker has proven himself to an extent and would revert us back to a defensive minded ethos.

It would obviously be better for him if he brought them with him. Not least because both of them have played in England.
However if they didn't come with him, you'd have to trust him to get good replacements. I suppose it depends what their ambitions are as to whether they come here.

I just can see it. That trio would break up. Stam and Bergkamp will want to develop too and if De Boer goes it might be their chance to step up at Ajax

Reactions: Sy-

I just can see it. That trio would break up. Stam and Bergkamp will want to develop too and if De Boer goes it might be their chance to step up at Ajax
I think Bergkamp is on record as saying he doesn't want to be manager. Whether he wants to move from Holland I don't know. I guess these will all be factors in the selection process. Given De Boer's playing career I'm sure he's got lots of contacts so it wouldn't unduly worry me. Still prefer Emery though.

I think Bergkamp is on record as saying he doesn't want to be manager. Whether he wants to move from Holland I don't know. I guess these will all be factors in the selection process. Given De Boer's playing career I'm sure he's got lots of contacts so it wouldn't unduly worry me. Still prefer Emery though.
Emery is out of our reach pal. One of the best in the world.

Is Bergkamp still afraid to fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back