Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is potentially a big day for the future of EFC. If city beat Arsenal it's possible that City and Utd could pip Arsenal at the Champs league post and if Arsenal fail to get their usual qualification they may not allow Wenger to see out the final year of his contract which would mean a Premiership vacancy at a more attractive club than ours. This would certainly make it more difficult for us to land a big name. Come on the Arsenal!

I don't know a lot about managers, as I may or not go on to illustrate, but...

Mourinho lost a dressing room in quite a disastrous manner (they still havent recovered), isn't that a red flag? also I don't know a lot about his pre-Chelsea days but has he ever inherited an average squad with an average budget and come good?

Pellegrini, I am sure I've seen noises from City fans about his approach to defending, also shouldn't that squad at his disposal be pushing for a title?

Both better than what we have, I know, but just seems a bit out of one frying pan into another.

No one knows what happens at chelsea and he did lose the dressing room. Fabregas said he was sacked because h trusted the players to much. He gave the players more holiday time due to being champions

Frank de Boer Would 'Love' to Join Everton: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/ajax-boss-frank-de-boer-love-join-everton-says-agent-nos/ Frank de Boer Would 'Love' to Join Everton (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/ajax-boss-frank-de-boer-love-join-everton-says-agent-nos/

Here’s something to brighten the gloomy weekend for Everton.

There were actually two teams at the King Power Stadium on Saturday.

While all the focus was on Premier League champions Leicester, Everton were once again beaten on the road.

The Toffees lost 3-1 at the Foxes in another limp display.

Everton are 12th in the division, while they can fall even lower down the table if teams below win games in hand.

For weeks Everton fans have been calling for manager Roberto Martinez to be sacked, and on Saturday the away supporters sung ‘Roberto Martinez, get out of our club’.

Now Ajax boss Frank De Boer has made his move to take over from Martinez at Goodison Park. His agent, Guido Albers, has made that clear in an interview with Dutch news outlet NOS:

He’d love to join a club like Everton or Valencia. It’s all about the right philosophy.

So what are Everton waiting for?

Ajax are currently top of the Dutch top flight on goal difference ahead of PSV

I don't know a lot about managers, as I may or not go on to illustrate, but...

Mourinho lost a dressing room in quite a disastrous manner (they still havent recovered), isn't that a red flag? also I don't know a lot about his pre-Chelsea days but has he ever inherited an average squad with an average budget and come good?

Pellegrini, I am sure I've seen noises from City fans about his approach to defending, also shouldn't that squad at his disposal be pushing for a title?

Both better than what we have, I know, but just seems a bit out of one frying pan into another.

Aye, even Jose has his doubters...and it's a fair point. Only at Porto did he have little to work with, but then winning the league with Porto is like winning the league with Ajax. It's expected. His massive achievement was winning the Champions League. Since then Chelsea with oligarch money, Inter Milan (hardly paupers), Real Madrid (richest club in the world) and Chelsea again.

But he has won shedloads of trophies, and money can only go so far in securing those.

It would be great to have that kind of staff at Goodison Park and Finch Farm, it would do the players wonders!
Did he not put them in place?That's part of being a good manager by getting the right people alongside you. I mean look at Roberto.

if De Boer would come here he surely would try to bring his staff because risk of failing would increase significantly without them. It wouldnt be ideal situation for him. Too big change maybe?

I'd like to see someone like Duncan Ferguson in charge for a season... a bit of a bully to get the players into working, I know it's hard for the players to perform with all the negativity around social media and with RM doing no favours... I've watched them a lot - this season and last season the work rate and desire has gone, Barry, McCarthy and Besic seem to be the only ones making hard tackles... we need to put the fear of god into our opponents (let them know we are there. We make it too easy for other teams playing us, especially at home - I can sense the frustration and there's little to be happy about but regardless... we have to get behind the boys!! yeah have a dig at RM as its entirely justified but we need more of an atmosphere at Goodison.. its too stale at the moment.

I'd like to see Duncan Ferguson in charge for a season... bully the players into working, I know it's hard for the players to perform with all the negativity around social media and with RM doing no favours... I've watched them a lot - this season and last season the work rate and desire has gone, Barry, McCarthy and Besic seem to be the only ones making hard tackles... we need to put the fear of god into our opponents (let them know we are there. We make it too easy for other teams playing us, especially at home - I can sense the frustration and there's little to be happy about but regardless... we have to get behind the boys!! yeah have a dig at RM as its entirely justified but we need more of an atmosphere at Goodison.. its too stale at the moment.

I didnt think it could get worse than Sean Dyche, Martin O'Neill and David Moyes...... But it just has. JESUS.

I'd like to see someone like Duncan Ferguson in charge for a season... a bit of a bully to get the players into working, I know it's hard for the players to perform with all the negativity around social media and with RM doing no favours... I've watched them a lot - this season and last season the work rate and desire has gone, Barry, McCarthy and Besic seem to be the only ones making hard tackles... we need to put the fear of god into our opponents (let them know we are there. We make it too easy for other teams playing us, especially at home - I can sense the frustration and there's little to be happy about but regardless... we have to get behind the boys!! yeah have a dig at RM as its entirely justified but we need more of an atmosphere at Goodison.. its too stale at the moment.

What had Ferguson shown to be a good manager? He couldn't even be arsed as a player.

Ferguson? Absolutely not mate. Hope you are not on the glue.

As for the atmosphere. No... we need much more vitriol and abuse so the board finally do something. Then we can create the fortress again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back