Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting quote from Pelegrini in the Guardian interview today

Managing another Premier League club is Pellegrini’s preference. “If I continue in England with a team that has a project which is competitive, it is a very important option. If I have to go to another important league in Europe with an important project with a big team, also of course it is an option. I have [a further] option maybe not in Europe but that I must decide with other things.”

If you look at Everton as a team with a project which is competitive ... And I am sure that is how Mr Moshiri sees us ...then this Sounds like a direct pitch for consideration ...

Sho, how do you pronounsh Oshman?

Ch7OF7_XAAAKcdQ.jpg:large

Interesting quote from Pelegrini in the Guardian interview today

Managing another Premier League club is Pellegrini’s preference. “If I continue in England with a team that has a project which is competitive, it is a very important option. If I have to go to another important league in Europe with an important project with a big team, also of course it is an option. I have [a further] option maybe not in Europe but that I must decide with other things.”

Sounds like a pitch for consideration ...
It sounds like a 'come and get me.'

It definitely feels like the field is coming into sharp focus now. One from Pellegrini, De Boer or Mourinho - with the latter an outside bet.

Is there a more respected trio anywhere in football coaching? If nothing else, you'd imagine they'd be able to attract players to the Everton 'project.'

Imagine the upgrade on our current coaching staff.

Martinez to De Boer
Ferguson to Bergkamp
Lawrence to Stam

Almost sounds like a joke.

Duncan Ferguson gets shown the door when Roberto gets sacked as far as im concerned. He's a part of an embarrassing back room staff and managerial setup.
I love big Dunc, he is one of us.
But if He is part of the problem, sorry he has to go or drop down to training with the kids.

Imagine the upgrade on our current coaching staff.

Martinez to De Boer
Ferguson to Bergkamp
Lawrence to Stam

Almost sounds like a joke.

All great footballers, but still to be tested at the highest level in management and coaching.

Ajax are the Dutch equivalent of Celtict. They win everything in their own country due to the poor overall standard of footy and then fall flat on their arse in Europe.

people thinking ferguson is part of the 'problem' is quite frankly ridiculous. he is a coach, he is told what to do, and that's all he CAN do unless asked to do something out of his routine.

In the same case we should get rid of all of our players too, they must be part of the problem.

let's jib joe royle off too, kevin sheedy, unsworth all part of the problem.

Fact is he is not part of ANY problem, the problem lays with RM and his assistant, they decide how we train, they decide what duties the coaches have and getting rid of people who are bonded with the club is for the reasons you are saying is not only stupid, but dangerous anyway.

People like royle, people like dunc they are part of everton, they get everton and they will and should be here for years to come, the players respect him more than they respect the manager.

Not only added to the fact you absolutely should keep former players around especially if they are good coaches, because it creates a good atmosphere / dressing room.

Stop trying to put blame on people who don't deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back