Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keoman is not for me sorry, Southampton are up and down more than us.

We need a proven winner, somebody who knows how to win titles, cups, Keoman hasnt won anything of note for 9 years.

Still cant get past Cocu or De Boer for me, Vitor is an utter whorebag and sadly isnt right for us.

We got Moyes in from the "lower" leagues and he was the right man at the right time, we took a gamble on Martinez and whilst im not gonna say its failed, well to be frank, its failed, so far. Our next manager should be from the top of the tree, no im not saying Jose, hes unrealistic, but somebody young, somebody hungry and somebody who knows how to win, Martinez certainly fits the bill with the first 2, but sadly fails on the 3rd.

Unai Emery is the person we should go for. Young, ambitious, dedicated, meticulous, already successful and destined for the very top. The big English clubs currently seem to have their eyes on other targets, which is why we need to act now, otherwise he will end up at a real top club soon. We'd have to pay a bit of compensation to Sevilla, but he'd be worth every penny. How anyone could argue that we would be better of with Martinez is totally beyond me.
Sevilla play some scintillating stuff. At least we can still be 'THE ENTERTAINERS!' with Emery..

No one mentioned Rudi Garcia? Won Ligue 1 with unfashionable Lille into 'Barca of the North' and Eden Hazard into world class talent. Roma finished 2nd twice in Series A to Juve, playing free flowing brand of footy. Lost his job after dodgy run of 1 win in 7 (bad run of injuries) at trigger happy Roma. Not an easy club to manage, ask Luis Enrique.

Not as a replacement for the manager, but what about having a look at hiring Paul Clement as first team coach? He has Champions League experience. He learned under a top manager in Ancelotti. Don't know too much about him, but he may be a coach who can come in and help sort out the defence as well as not be intimidated by the manager. Maybe he can impose some tactical balance to the team to offset the manager's shortcomings. Just a shout.

Keoman is not for me sorry, Southampton are up and down more than us.

We need a proven winner, somebody who knows how to win titles, cups, Keoman hasnt won anything of note for 9 years.

Still cant get past Cocu or De Boer for me, Vitor is an utter whorebag and sadly isnt right for us.

We got Moyes in from the "lower" leagues and he was the right man at the right time, we took a gamble on Martinez and whilst im not gonna say its failed, well to be frank, its failed, so far. Our next manager should be from the top of the tree, no im not saying Jose, hes unrealistic, but somebody young, somebody hungry and somebody who knows how to win, Martinez certainly fits the bill with the first 2, but sadly fails on the 3rd.

Mourinho would be the dream one but as you say unrealistic, I would take AVB here - can be boring as hell his teams but he has learnt how to shut up shop when they get ahead and has won stuff also both right now would be a bloody godsend, De Boer - good young manager - honestly don't know much of how cocu has done, Emery at Sevilla as well, there is a lot of managers who would jump at this job

No one mentioned Rudi Garcia? Won Ligue 1 with unfashionable Lille into 'Barca of the North' and Eden Hazard into world class talent. Roma finished 2nd twice in Series A to Juve, playing free flowing brand of footy. Lost his job after dodgy run of 1 win in 7 (bad run of injuries) at trigger happy Roma. Not an easy club to manage, ask Luis Enrique.

Yes

Gus Hiddink, one season deal to get us into Europe, then take a longer term manager.
He'd atract some good players as well although not sure what his record is like in the market.

Other than that, Hannibal Smith, I love it when a plan comes together..

what level of manager could we get? what would stop us getting someone like mourinho? would it be his wages or our lack of being in champs league?

thanks

Good shout.

Emery is still my number one, but Garcia's track record is nothing to be sniffed at.

I wouldn't be opposed to Villas-Boas either - even if he is a bit boring at times.

Vitor Pereira is a winner, would love to see him at the club plus Jose of course but we couldn't afford his wages

Don't think I could stomach the fat Spanish waiter in charge even though he has a successful record in the game

Pellegrino would be a straight swap for Martinez, same sort of stubbornness

Mark Hughes, errr no, Stoke is his level

Moyes, never look back, as that would be in horror

All this is mute until we lose the clown in charge now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back