Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to catch up but has seams aid anything more?

Last I seen him say our targets weren't what the media were thinking?

I don't think it's fair to throw Koeman in there and just say "Saints make average managers look good" when the only other one they've "made look good" is Pochettino - and he's actually quality

That's a fair enought shout by you mate, guess my point is that he hasn't taken any team he has ever managed forward past the point they where at when he arrived, he hasn't failed at Saints for example, but would hardly say he has been extremely succesful either, he maintained them at roughly a lower top half team.

Guess what i am asking is 'is that good enough for us'?

Guess that's all down to Moshiri's ambition and plans for our future and how he's able to convince his managerial target about that. We have been, we are and always will be a bigger club than Southampton.

Still think Saints are more likely to flog their best players than we are (if that makes sense).

I am unsure about De Boer. He manages in a pretty poor league. I would be ok with it but seems a risky appointment to me. Surprised people want him over Koeman who has Southampton currently 6th after losing his better players in the summer.

I am unsure about De Boer. He manages in a pretty poor league. I would be ok with it but seems a risky appointment to me. Surprised people want him over Koeman who has Southampton currently 6th after losing his better players in the summer.

Koeman once was a manager that 'Managed in a poor League', in fact Koeman was that manager two years ago and achieved less over there than De Boer had. Whos to say De Boer couldnt come over and do what Koeman has and much more?

This poor league you speak of, its a league in which Koeman has failed in with 4 different clubs.

Koeman once was a manager that 'Managed in a poor League', in fact Koeman was that manager two years ago and achieved less over there than De Boer had. Whos to say De Boer couldnt come over and do what Koeman has and much more?

He might, hence why I would be ok with the appointment of De Boer but it would be risky in my opinion. Koeman is proven in the prem doing well with Southampton

If De Boer announces he's leaving Ajax next week, then he clearly has another job all but sealed.

You don't announce you're leaving if you've nowhere to go simple as that.

On Flores at Watford, not my choice for us, but what on earth were Watford expecting from him this season?

Done a brilliant job IMO keeping them up, in mid table, and to the semi final of the FA Cup.

Staggering from them to oust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back