Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might just announce that he aint continuing at amsterdam

Yep, thats what will happen.

Suspect he may even sign for Valencia then also, but he wont be saying anything about us this week.

We are basically waiting till the games on Sunday.

Cos

a) we have a manager
b) If United get 4th we will hunt Jose with a passion

There is a risk with anyone we get but I also said I understand you shouts for Keoman yet he seems unlikely to leave Southampton and wants to continue his good work that he has done and the last thing Southampton need is him leaving just like Pochettino did after his good work, so I think he will stay there.

Koeman said yesterday he was 'proud to be Southampton manager' and he looked like he genuinely meant it

What kind of timeframe are we looking at here ?

Three years ago, even though it was known that Moyes would be leaving, as I remember Kenwright waited till he was actually out of the door before inviting applications, and then there was what felt like a long process of interviews and second interviews, though I don't suppose the interviews lasted much more than a week.

So here's the worry : the Board wait till after the Norwich game, then there's maybe more meetings, finally we get an announcement, then it could be let's say another 3 weeks after that before we get an appointment, by then the Euros will be starting so the new manager will be powerless to do anything much until the Euros have finished, by then we're in July.

Suspect he may even sign for Valencia then also, but he wont be saying anything about us this week.

Cos

a) we have a manager
You never know if our board has already made their decision

So here's the worry : the Board wait till after the Norwich game, then there's maybe more meetings, finally we get an announcement, then it could be let's say another 3 weeks after that ll before we get an appointment, by then the Euros will be starting so the new manager will be powerless to do anything much until the Euros have finished, by then we're in July.

Not a chance I reckon.

Will be announced/in place asap once Roberto packs his bags. Which which will be 9.00 am next Monday.

I reckon.

Cos

a) we have a manager
4th might be irrelevant.

Koeman will leave Southampton, hes utterly fuming with them selling all their players.
He was having a moan in the rags this morning that he wants assurances that Saints will keep their players before he commits to a new deal.

He's clearly unhappy with the "support" he gets there.

And some don't think he'd jump at the chance of coming here and being backed with Moshiri's millions!

You never know if our board has already made their decision

I dont think they have, I think they will wait as long as it takes to get Jose, now of course theres always the danger that we would lose other desired targets and its a major, major gamble, but I think the landscape will be clearer all round in 10days time.

I dont think they have, I think they will wait as long as it takes to get Jose, now of course theres always the danger that we would lose other desired targets and its a major, major gamble, but I think the landscape will be clearer all round in 10days time.
So you don't have any chance at all it will be de boer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back