Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the last months performances i would take literally any other manager than Roberto at the this moment in time. I'm so zapped of any enjoyment and confidence in the future with that blert, he would make me think Neil Warnock is a master tactician.

Thanks Roberto, just thanks very much for two absolutely 'meh' seasons.

I am unsure about De Boer. He manages in a pretty poor league. I would be ok with it but seems a risky appointment to me. Surprised people want him over Koeman who has Southampton currently 6th after losing his better players in the summer.

If Frank de Boer is not given a job in the premier league like Ronald Keoman was, how can he prove that he can manage at the highest level if he isn't given the chance to, I can understand your shout for Keoman because he has done well here especially with the number of players he has lost but Frank has had to deal with the same problems and has won the league four times abeit in a different league but still a tremenous thing to do

If Frank de Boer is not given a job in the premier league like Ronald Keoman was, how can he prove that he can manage at the highest level if he isn't given the chance to, I can understand your shout for Keoman because he has done well here especially with the number of players he has lost but Frank has had to deal with the same problems and has won the league four times abeit in a different league but still a tremenous thing to do

We won't know but that's why I said there is some risk to appointing him. He could be great, he could be awful, that's why I am unsure. What he has done at Ajax is fantastic but like you said it's not best league is it. He is personally my 3rd or 4th choice.

Hasn't De Boer committed himself to making an announcement by this time next week? If so, it would leave a very tight time frame for us to sack Martinez presuming it's De Boer taking the job.

De Boer will therefore be definitively ruled in or out by next Sunday I would imagine. Be quite something to sack Martinez and announce De Boer as manager in the next breath.

We won't know but that's why I said there is some risk to appointing him. He could be great, he could be awful, that's why I am unsure. What he has done at Ajax is fantastic but like you said it's not best league is it. He is personally my 3rd or 4th choice.

There is a risk with anyone we get but I also said I understand you shouts for Keoman yet he seems unlikely to leave Southampton and wants to continue his good work that he has done and the last thing Southampton need is him leaving just like Pochettino did after his good work, so I think he will stay there.

There is a risk with anyone we get but I also said I understand you shouts for Keoman yet he seems unlikely to leave Southampton and wants to continue his good work that he has done and the last thing Southampton need is him leaving just like Pochettino did after his good work, so I think he will stay there.

Koeman will leave Southampton, hes utterly fuming with them selling all their players.

Hasn't De Boer committed himself to making an announcement by this time next week? If so, it would leave a very tight time frame for us to sack Martinez presuming it's De Boer taking the job.

De Boer will therefore be definitively ruled in or out by next Sunday I would imagine. Be quite something to sack Martinez and announce De Boer as manager in the next breath.
He might just announce that he aint continuing at amsterdam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back