Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the 'newer' german coaches that have hit big with Mainz etc seem a hit there. Would have thought Tuchel to be a good name for us, but why leave Dortmund and almost certain Champions League for next couple of years for a challenger for Europa at best?

Unai Emery or Ernesto Valverde are proven but all of these are mostly exotic sounding with no track record in the Premier League.

i was shouting for Tuchel before we appointed Martinez mate, definately the one that got away

Never know, he wanted a long term project this time round apparently which is why he went back to Chelsea, he may just realise that for a long term project he has to go to a place that 1. has a long term vision and plan to move the club forward, and 2. doesn't operate under the insane pressure you get at the likes of United, Chelsea, Madrid etc.

The amount of people against his appointment at United in positions of influence at the club would mean he went in that job with people working against him from the outset, dunno if thats something he will want this time around.
Lets have it right, the man doesn't do projects, he's in and out then onto the next one.

Either way it won't happen anyway because of the financial side alone

Voted Mourinho as he's the best manager out of the choices. I'd be happy with any of them tbh just get rid of this lad we have now. Given the realistic choice I'd have Cocu or De Boer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back