Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'd leave a secret meeting together at the same time. He'd be a good appointment for UTD mind, maybe they're putting the squeeze on Jose. Odd picture.

Nope which means it has been done with the full intention of it making all the next days papers, both of them will use it to their advantage, Pocchetino it strengthens his hand in regards to demands from spurs, Ferguson it shows the United Board that he is still someone who has massive influence/connections etc and meaybe cools them on Mourinho

Ferguson playing games with the board to kep LVG in a job, can see that now, Pocchetino to take over next season getting sold to the owners etc, Pocchetino gets one season to make a big impact in the league or CL with spurs and if he doesn't he then has the option of unlimited finances at United.

Looks that way. If he had wanted to keep an "innocent" natter with him private, he could have done.

Interesting.

Anyone who takes the job next will have a difficult time matching the fan's ambition of where we want to be in my opinion. Even Mourinho. It's a patience game, I'm not expecting things to get brighter straight away, the league is increasingly difficult. Mourinho would be great coming off the back of someone bringing a bit of stable consistency for a season or two. He's my dream candidate for sure, but can he do it at a club he's unfamiliar with and a squad that needs some work and development.
The fans will give the new man time we gave Bobby three years ffs.

For what it's worth

Jose : 9/10 - His flaws are well known, but he's successful, and I like that

Pellegrini - 7.5/10 - would have been an 8 but his record at City given his budget is only so so

Koeman - 7/10 - would be a solid, but fairly uninspiring appointment

De Boer - 6.5/10 - an unknown, could turn out great, could be awful

By comparison ....

Martinez now - 5/10
Martinez when appointed - 6.5/10
Martinez at end of season one - 8/10.

Jose 10
Cocu 8.5
FDB 8
Pellegrini 7
Koeman 3
Martinez 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back