Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@bluestevon you've echoed my own thoughts on Koeman.

1-- Did the double with Ajax and regained the title 2 years later then managed to decline over the next 2 seasons.

2-- Finished 3rd in a 3 horse race with benfica

3-- PSV won the league on last day of the season with the best squad.

4-- Win % was 18% at Valencia. Lost the players, fajs and staff and was a laughing stock.

5-- AZ brought him back to holland and then sacked him due to terrible results

6-- Feyenoord is cited as his best job even though he only won a cup there in 3 seasons

7-- Southampton he lost a bunch of players and replaced them with overseas players at lower cost. Has had some great results in league games and some disasters with full strength teams out, also shocking cup exits.

He hasnt lasted over a season at 5 out of 8 clubs.

@The Esk if this is the chap who Moshiri thinks could be the one to take us to the next level then something must have been lost in translation along the way.

It would be a disgraceful unambitious appointment and i suggest all the signs point to him doing a Valencia with us just as he has a little pressure he crumbles but does well at feyenoord and aouthampton under no pressure.

@bluestevon you've echoed my own thoughts on Koeman.

1-- Did the double with Ajax and regained the title 2 years later then managed to decline over the next 2 seasons.

2-- Finished 3rd in a 3 horse race with benfica

3-- PSV won the league on last day of the season with the best squad.

4-- Win % was 18% at Valencia. Lost the players, fajs and staff and was a laughing stock.

5-- AZ brought him back to holland and then sacked him due to terrible results

6-- Feyenoord is cited as his best job even though he only won a cup there in 3 seasons

7-- Southampton he lost a bunch of players and replaced them with overseas players at lower cost. Has had some great results in league games and some disasters with full strength teams out, also shocking cup exits.

He hasnt lasted over a season at 5 out of 8 clubs.

@The Esk if this is the chap who Moshiri thinks could be the one to take us to the next level then something must have been lost in translation along the way.

It would be a disgraceful unambitious appointment and i suggest all the signs point to him doing a Valencia with us just as he has a little pressure he crumbles but does well at feyenoord and aouthampton under no pressure.
Something is wrong in suburbia when I am agreeing with your post Zatara!

I'd be more excited about Allardyce.

If we're at the position where Allardyce made sense, Goodison would have been burned down already...

Emery > Cocu > De Boer > Koeman for me. Koeman doesn't amaze me but I'd take him unless a better manager comes along.

This is a perfect time for me there is 3 of The best managers in the world in Mourinho , Benitez and Pellegrini who have manager of the best football club in Real Madrid out of work , ( doesn't matter how successful they were still chosen for the hotseat at the time , also De boer who I want and if we can't persuade any of those Villas-boas is also available but that's not a terrible worst case scenario. TIME FOR CHANGE FARHAD NOW OR NEVER

This is a perfect time for me there is 3 of The best managers in the world in Mourinho , Benitez and Pellegrini who have manager of the best football club in Real Madrid out of work , ( doesn't matter how successful they were still chosen for the hotseat at the time , also De boer who I want and if we can't persuade any of those Villas-boas is also available but that's not a terrible worst case scenario. TIME FOR CHANGE FARHAD NOW OR NEVER

Jesus Christ.

Bit of a curveball....h9w about Didier Deschamps?

No idea if he would be any good and he looks like an evil gnome but his track record seems decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back