Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The liecester feat will never be repeated it was a one off fluke an anomaly from the norm.

We'll just have to agree to disagree mate I'm just not sure Mourinho is the right fit for what we need a new manager to do. I get the raising our profile and how huge it would be if we got him, I'm fully aware of the magnitude of it but I'm just not convinced on him given our situation.

I don't expect us to emulate Leicester, I was trying to make a point about how coaching is immensely important and can get even average players to play beyond expectations. Combine that with genuine quality (which we have) and you can do great things.

Good coaching is the only difference between Leicester under Pearson fighting relegation and Leicester now under Ranieri winning the league. Same logic applies to Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers and Klopp. It's how Ferguson managed to lift league titles at the end of his career with an utterly average United side. Jose is a fantastic coach in my opinion and that's the thing we need most.

The liecester feat will never be repeated it was a one off fluke an anomaly from the norm.

We'll just have to agree to disagree mate I'm just not sure Mourinho is the right fit for what we need a new manager to do. I get the raising our profile and how huge it would be if we got him, I'm fully aware of the magnitude of it but I'm just not convinced on him given our situation.

Is that the same logic that says every single season practically that 'this was that one off chance to crack the top 4' - yanno the same exact thing that was said when we missed out by lots of people in 2013/14 for example.

As for never being repeated - who knows, no one thought it could ever happen int he first place, so yeah unlikely, but so was a team getting promoted and winning the old first division the season after - and then winning the European Cup for two consecutive years straight after that, but guess what - it happend as well.

We were a top 5 side only 24 months ago, and forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Leicester move up 14 places in just 9 months.

Leicester was a one off mate, they'll be lucky to get top 8 next season. We need a complete overhaul and a change of personel from the board room to the coaching and finally playing staff. We're rotten through the core.

Leicester was a one off mate, they'll be lucky to get top 8 next season. We need a complete overhaul and a change of personel from the board room to the coaching and finally playing staff. We're rotten through the core.
The majority of the first team coaching staff will go with Martinez, the board changes will take a little longer. I think we'll see a renewed energy in the club with the appointment of a new manager, so a complete overhaul shouldn't be needed, just a few higher quality additions, hopefully.

It's a bit funny because even if Leicester ARE a one off, I have a feeling they are going to do really well in Europe next season. Their style of play is almost perfectly situated for European play imo.

I'm not sold on Favre. He upped and left Gladbach after their poor start last season, and in that pre-season, was quoted as saying Gladbach had failed to attract any of their top targets for their Champions League campaign and that some of the players approached even laughed off the idea of joining them. That may well have been the case, but a manager should not go public with that type of information, its demoralising and indicates naivety and poor judgement.

He did certainly well (in relative terms) at Gladbach and Hertha, I would have 7-8 names ahead of him in any list of potential new managers. Koeman would be one of them, and I'm underwhelmed by him. IMO his PL experience would give him an advantage over Favre in the scenario of a two-horse race. I would have nagging doubts over Favre's ability to cut it in the heat of the PL.

The experience in the PL is a big selling point. Favre has the advantage of being very cheap and easy to recruit. I can't help but think he would have been perfect if we were still under Kenwright and needed a cheap alternative.

Bill's scouting network goes no further than the north west, we have been to Preston(Moyes) Wigan(Martinez) so there for it's up to Burnley for Dyche.

I didn't say he hadn't won anything, I know he has won a lot but people thinking he'll come here and win us a trophy ir get us champs league inside 2 seasons are seriously deluded. Mate we are MILES behind the pace in the prem, the whole squad needs overhauling, payers like Hiward, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar, Mcgeady, Gibson all need replacing if we lose Lukku and Stones that's 2 of our 3 best players gone. There isno quik fix in this it's a project and a rebuild from top to bottom and I don't think Mourinho has the patience or inclination to do it is what I'm saying.

One thing I will guarantee is he wont turn us into a too 4 team in 18 months, Our Lord himself couldn't do that.

Give mourinho the cash and he could do amazing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back