Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily think a new manager has a massive rebuilding job on his hands: this is, after all, the same squad people were talking about as our best since the 80s. Whether or not that was hyperbole, there's talent, youth and experience in this squad. The problem has been a tactical and physical mismanagement that has corroded the psychology of the group. There's certainly a requirement for a few new players but if there's a rebuild needed it's mental rather than recruitment-driven, achieved on the training pitch rather than with the chequebook.

That said, with every drubbing we can only become a less appealing option (to those few managers good enough to have options).

New manager's first year will be spent training and building the setup. There will be some excitement but mostly homework. We'll get the true result in year two. No massive rebuilding is required unless the club dumps a lot of first team players this summer.

New manager's first year will be spent training and building the setup. There will be some excitement but mostly homework. We'll get the true result in year two. No massive rebuilding is required unless the club dumps a lot of first team players this summer.

We are losing an handful anyway

Howard
Osman pienaar, hibbert and Gibson

Plus I would sell kone and James McCarthy as a push

Baines doesnt deserve benching..he was made to look feel pretty foolish by el bobbins... The players are sick of him too by the looks of it now...probably have been for ages

Baines doesnt deserve benching..he was made to look feel pretty foolish by el bobbins... The players are sick of him too by the looks of it now...probably have been for ages

Regardless of Martinez, Baines looks a shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago.

Definitely a position we should be looking to upgrade.

This is completely embarrassing. Linking ourselves with managers that we can't imagine ever coming to Everton. This is what Kopites do. Only their board actually fulfils their wild expectations and served up a successful european manager. When the time came ours picked up a lunatic more familiar with relegation than anyone else.
that the same lunatic they tried to get before we did?
Managers are like everybody else they follow the money, are current manager is in the top 20 highest paid in the world the next one i will bet is paid even more, so why not imagine we cannot attract a decent manager, we have a new owner more money,
if anybody sounds like a kopite its you, thinking we are not big enough to get anybody decent.

Regardless of Martinez, Baines looks a shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago.

Definitely a position we should be looking to upgrade.
Possibly, His movement (or lack of) and the way he was just passing the ball and not running for his famous pass n move up the wing tells me he has been told to stay put. He was showing real discontent at tactics last night.
Do I blame him ? No not really. Get a descent manager in...these players will up tools.

Possibly, His movement (or lack of) and the way he was just passing the ball and not running for his famous pass n move up the wing tells me he has been told to stay put. He was showing real discontent at tactics last night.
Do I blame him ? No not really. Get a descent manager in...these players will up tools.

I think he is still having ankle problems mate, I'm not sure but I think someone said he needs another opp in the summer.

It's cuz he used to have someone in front of him, whereas nowadays he's on his lonesome on the whole left flank, so we're playing to literally 0 of his strengths. I find it hard to believe he's still having ankle problems some 6 months+ after the injury too tbh.

Crap tactics bring out the worst in the players, and it shows. Doesn't help him that the player *supposedly* in front of him is Cleverley, who does his best to help the opposition, the utter tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back