Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather let myself manage than bring Pellegrini in; massively one dimensional and isn't going to build a legacy.

Pellegrini is my first realistic choice. Three trophies in three years at City I believe. The idea that City should be walking everything and mopping up trebles each year isn't in line with reality IMO. There are a host of other huge clubs also competing for those trophies each season, some of which have spent similar fortunes to City.

Pellegrini is my first realistic choice. Three trophies in three years at City I believe. The idea that City should be walking everything and mopping up trebles each year isn't in line with reality IMO. There are a host of other huge clubs also competing for those trophies each season, some of which have spent similar fortunes to City.
MP has been working in a club that had already moved onto another manager. Even before they went public with Pep they were preparing for him. Apparently Sterling and De Bruyne were his signings. That can't be easy for the current manager when there will be a pressure to put these players into his team. Quality players but don't necessarily for with his plans. MP will be great for us.

Jose would 100% be my first choice, but is that really going to happen?

After that I think De Boer is the best choice.

Pellegrini for me, has underachieved with City given the money and squad he has - which is worrying when you compare it to us. Having said that he did do well before City and wouldn't be a bad choice, but wouldn't be my choice.

Low, although he is a winner and I'd definitely take him - hasn't got experience at club level.

Koeman I'd take tomorrow but he record is similar to De Boer's - although he does have Premier League experience.

Rafael, Moyes, Hughes, Howe O'Neill can all get in the bin.

Imagine changing from Martinez, Graham Jones and Lenny Lawrence to De Boer, Bergkamo and Stam.

It's not just a bit of a step up is it lets be honest it's a whole effin staircase.

Both will be doing their own thing and not joining De Boer wherever he goes next

Although I agree,also unsure, you could argue Pochitino not finished article when joined Saints?

True. Would just rather we went out and for once appointed a manager who has been around the block, experienced highs and lows but ultimately come out on top as a champion a la Pellegrini or Emery/Mourinho. I realise the latter is seeming very unrealistic but De Boer smells a bit of Martinez to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back