Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem people are making an assumption there.

De Boer by himself might not be as brilliant an appointment as some seem to think.

I'm not convinced he is going to be the appointment either. Seems much too risky for the current state of the club.

True. Would just rather we went out and for once appointed a manager who has been around the block, experienced highs and lows but ultimately come out on top as a champion a la Pellegrini or Emery. I realise the latter is seeming very unrealistic but De Boer smells a bit of Martinez to me.

Again, I tend to agree. I'd prefer a 'top' established name, someone who has experience in re-building too. But at same time you never know who might be able to come in and rejuvenate us, it's so difficult to predict who sinks or swims.

Again, I tend to agree. I'd prefer a 'top' established name, someone who has experience in re-building too. But at same time you never know who might be able to come in and rejuvenate us, it's so difficult to predict who sinks or swims.

Jose wouldn totally rejuvenate us over night. If it's koeman we get I'm pretty gutted and expect nothing for years again other than solidarity

FdB's agent is touting him for a job that isn't even available yet. It lacks class that, is incredibly disrespectful to Roberto. When Mourinho goes to Manure I hope we turn our attention to Bielsa who must be looking for a job in the EPL himself, he's apparently been learning English and almost joined Swansea in December. Who cares if he runs the players into the ground and results backfire in January? It would be a ball.

Martinez is that bad that Sam Allardyce is an improvement on him and I'm being serious. So seeing names like Pellegrini being linked works for me. Although he wouldn't be my first choice, he's a massive improvement on Martinez.

Jose......one can dream!

Both will be doing their own thing and not joining De Boer wherever he goes next

It does seem people are making an assumption there.

De Boer by himself might not be as brilliant an appointment as some seem to think.

If Frank does come here and brings his backroom staff with him from ajax that would be great but if he came on his own he could find the best possible coaches around to come to Everton he was the captain of Holland and a world cup winner, I don't think he would have any trouble bringing anyone in I don't think

Pellegrini is my first realistic choice. Three trophies in three years at City I believe. The idea that City should be walking everything and mopping up trebles each year isn't in line with reality IMO. There are a host of other huge clubs also competing for those trophies each season, some of which have spent similar fortunes to City.

Yeh he won a few trophies but the amount of games I watched where he just set them up horribly is shocking. Martinez won a trophy and is still pants. This guy was playing a flat 4-4-2 with Yaya in the middle against Barca teams. He really isn't as good as people make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back