Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate some of our fans theory's totally astound me! It's like they like we're crap and don't want to win anything again and pludder along.

It has nothing to do with "plodding along" I don't want us to "plod along" I want us to make the correct decision and bring in a manager that wants to be here for the ling term not just someone to keep their hand in until Utd come calling.

I think it is reasonable to assume that Everton are involved in a process to select a new manager, and that it has been ongoing for a while and it is not yet complete. We think that FdB was on the original shortlist but just because he has suddenly become available doesn't mean that Everton are going to rip up the remainder of that process and say the job is yours Frank lad.

It has nothing to do with "plodding along" I don't want us to "plod along" I want us to make the correct decision and bring in a manager that wants to be here for the ling term not just someone to keep their hand in until Utd come calling.

To be successful and have ambition is to have a manager who can bring all this which is a winner. Jose please the rest of things can even themselves out.

I get that, I know it will elevate us but once he goes can you imagine Sky and the likes "well Everton couldn't expect to keep hold of a manager of Mourinhos calibre could they, it was always just a stop gap etc" i just think he will make the whole club unstable because of the uncertainty that would surround him being there. The whole world knows he wants the Utd job and they will eventually come calling.

If he stayed for 3 years (hypothetically) he wont win us the league in that time (or very unlikely) people will use the Leicester scenario but we all know that's highly unlikely to be repeated again any time soon. He may win us a cup but would you really rather us sacrifice getting in the right manager in now and giving HIM. the funds available to rebuild us and stabilise us and move us forward to a 3 year (again hypothetical) roller coaster with Mourinho only for him to walk away once he's done playing with us for a "bigger" club which then leaves us with potentially all Moshiris investment spent and an extremely expensive probably over paid squad full of egos who may not want to play for a new manager.

It's all about opinions mate I'm not saying mines right it's just my opinion but I want us to build something, we have a chance here with this investment Moshiri is about to put in but I don't think he can sustain regular investment like he's about to give I think it'll be one initial splurge then we'll be back on a budget albeit it a better one than years gone by and I'm not sure I trust Mourinho with that money. How many players have Chelsea got on loan admittedly he's not signed all but he let De Bruyne go because he fell out with him, Lukaku when they had no strikers practically, Cuadrado (sp) springs to mind. He doesn't always get it right.
Obviously no manager is a guarantee, and none of them get all their transfers right either.

Personally I think if we had the opportunity to get in a proven winner like Mourinho (we won't have that opportunity, but this thread has hypothetical built righty into the title) then we simply can't pass it up.

I can't see him being here for years, but then I don't think there's many managers who'll do that in times to come (for any club).

Two or three years with Mourinho would leave us in a significantly improved football position, and as a much more attractive proposition for players and for a new (top quality manager, who we may hold onto for longer).

It would also give a window of opportunity for Moshiri and his team to capitalise on the increased visibility of EFC to complete regenerate the commercial side of the business, which again would stand us in good stead.

Mourinho had a bad season this year with Chelsea, but he's still amongst the 4 or 5 (maybe less) best managers in the world. He's had success everywhere he's been, and HAS introduced youth players at several of his clubs. He also won the CL with Porto, where he had a minimal outlay on players. IF the opportunity arose, (imho) we'd be absolutely insane not to grab it with both hands.

People act like there's Fergusons and Wengers all over the place. How long did the best managers in our history stay for? This view of a super media friendly manager who just gets Everton and will usher in a boss brand of football that will sweep all before it using academy players and will never end is an absolute pipe dream. You want to win in the modern premier league? Either get your hands dirty and pay the big money for top players and top coaches or go home. This idea of a purer philosophy and the Everton way is a complete fabrication. Mourinho should be at the top of our list. He jibbed Chelsea twice Madrid and Inter all off so why would we be precious about that? That's what comes with the territory of employing the best manager in the world. Either get ready for success or go home. Sacrificing winning in order to maintain some nicey nice image we supposedly have is ridiculous in my opinion.

Nobody wants to sacrifice winning. I din'tcare how we win as long as we win, I just think there are wiser choices than Mourinho. I can't believe people think he will just stroll in and automatically win us all kinds, it's niave to think that nothing is guaranteed.

Where have I said it is guaranteed?

Our chances would be massively enhanced with a coach of Mourinho's calibre - those are the facts. Not guaranteed - enhanced.

Three years is about right for most major coaches these days. We could always "ride out the storm" and give Martinez a few more years if you like with this excellent philosophy of yours?

Nah, you're alright.

You're talking as if De Boer would be a long term plan. Four years and he's moved from his boyhood club. So who else would stay long term?

He spent six years there and I supose he would of thought he's done all he can for the club rebuilding it year after year and having an average age of 23 years in the team shows he does relay on youth which can only be a good thing, lets see what he can do with a club that doesn't have to rebuild each season now we have alot more money and challenge higher up the year each season

He spent six years there and I supose he would of thought he's done all he can for the club rebuilding it year after year and having an average age of 23 years in the team shows he does relay on youth which can only be a good thing, lets see what he can do with a club that doesn't have to rebuild each season now we have alot more money and challenge higher up the year each season

Yep, I'd sooner let a manager like this come in, give him the £100 mil or whatever it is to spend and have a 5 year rebuild plan, see significant progress year on year (hopefully) and see where we go.

He is well respected in the footballing world but I would want him to bring in Bergkamp and Stam with him. I like the idea of that as our immediate backroom staff.

Yep, I'd sooner let a manager like this come in, give him the £100 mil or whatever it is to spend and have a 5 year rebuild plan, see significant progress year on year (hopefully) and see where we go.

He is well respected in the footballing world but I would want him to bring in Bergkamp and Stam with him. I like the idea of that as our immediate backroom staff.

If he comes Bergkamp and Stam wont come with him - they will be the next managerial team for Ajax. That's how they roll at that club

Anything is better than Graham Jones and Denis Lawrence though mate

Agreed. Personally I would make Jones and Lawrence lead the parade of shame around Goodison on Sunday. So that we can ask them 'politely'
what the hell they have been doing all season on the training pitches?

If Frank does come here and brings his backroom staff with him from ajax that would be great but if he came on his own he could find the best possible coaches around to come to Everton he was the captain of Holland and a world cup winner, I don't think he would have any trouble bringing anyone in I don't think

Must have missed when the Netherlands have actually won a world cup myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back