Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will see an early appointment unless one our 2nd choice candidate is threatening to go elsewhere eg De Boer to Valencia.

I think we will wait to see what happens with Mourinho and Man U.

There's a lot in this. I am trying to balance some optimism but also having a degree of realism around Moshiri. I have every faith in him and am very optimistic about the direction he's taking the club in from what we've heard so far. However I am not going to argue black is white to defend him, and Koeman is not a top managerial appointment.

Over the summer we will get more information and clarity. Hopefully that will extend to more information about the future, why he has chosen the manager he has, the structure he has, where he wants Everton to be. Increasingly though we will need some explanation for what's gone on over the last 6 weeks. Who has made the decision to keep Martinez when it was clear he'd lost the players and what actions have been taken for them backing the manager?

Sunday promises to be another humiliation. Of course it's just another humiliation of many but it is our final home game and a game where seasoned pro's deserve a decent send off. Peinaar, Osman, Hibbert, Howard in spite of what's gone on before deserve better than Sunday. I am ok with the board sticking with Martinez and jeopardising that if it allows us to get a top manager. However if all we are waiting for is Koeman that is underwhelming, especially when De Boer is available and could be in charge for Sunday to avoid the faff.

Koeman is a decent manager. Of course I will get behind him if we have him. I'll await to hear the reasoning for getting him. However don't try and fob the fans off further that he is some world class manager we've needed to put up with the last 6 weeks for. It's rubbish. Not when there is Emery out there, or Tuchel or De Boer out of work. He may well do a great job with us, but he's not a fantastic manager at present. Nor is he a manager who is going to get us keeping Lukaku & Stones.

As regards the DOF I am interested about this. I have given it some thought. I wonder if Joachim Loew has anything to do with this. He has overseen a huge transformation in German football and I wonder if he might be a man we have earmarked? It sounds like the role of DOF is quite open according to the Esk so he Loew's flexibility and experience in Germany may come in handy?

I think you're wrong about Sunday mate, you'll see an Everton team unshackled from all the Martinez lunacy. I'll wager it's going to be a good game.

3855.jpg

I'm unconvinced by Koeman, he couldn't best the worst Evertton team in living memory just a few days ago. He's also spent, wait for it, 120 million pounds to build a side that hasnt ever looked like doing that much. We've a actually got two world class managers actually living in in the NW both of whom would leap at the job. We need experience this time, the club is in a parlous state

was listening to Talksport and they had some dutch journo on talking about deBoer. He said he has an attacking philosophy that he won't move from. He could be 5-0 down and he wouldn't change his attacking approach.
Sounds familiar and worrying!

was listening to Talksport and they had some dutch journo on talking about deBoer. He said he has an attacking philosophy that he won't move from. He could be 5-0 down and he wouldn't change his attacking approach.
Sounds familiar and worrying!
They also had Stevie Gerrard at 100-1 to be our next. (Though, somehow I doubt their sincerity.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back