Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I love that now we can really turn up this manager speculation? Who is it, when will it be puplished?....

Then the transfers! New man will defo bring his fav players with him. Our squad will go through massive trasformation.

That sounds like a very impressive resume, so thank you! Do you think he has enough to win trophies? That seems to be the one blot on his copy book?

His work at Monchengladbach sounds very promising, and they are similar to ourselves in structure. I wouldn't turn my nose up at him at all!

Definitely. He won the league twice in a row in Switzerland as well as some cups. And he obviously had no chance of winning the league with Gladbach. With money, support and a league that suits his style I think he'd boss it.

Plus I think what Everton DESPERATELY need is a manager who is not just exciting but is organised. They need a rock-solid system to believe in and give them confidence.

Uh-oh. Sami Hyypia has just been sacked by FC Zürich...

(No, I'm not serious before anyone starts... ;))

Definitely. He won the league twice in a row in Switzerland as well as some cups. And he obviously had no chance of winning the league with Gladbach. With money, support and a league that suits his style I think he'd boss it.

Plus I think what Everton DESPERATELY need is a manager who is not just exciting but is organised. They need a rock-solid system to believe in and give them confidence.

From what I've read he sounds a little like how Royle/Klopp try to play? Lots of pressing and work rate off the ball. He'd also probably work well alongside our academy?

Pellegrini would still be a great appointment for me. His football in 13/14 was some of the best attacking football in the prem. Question mark on his transfers but he's shown he can build sides at Villareal and Malaga.

Xhaka and the other fella defo made his life easier like.

From what I've read he sounds a little like how Royle/Klopp try to play? Lots of pressing and work rate off the ball. He'd also probably work well alongside our academy?

Somewhat, yeah. Presses fairly hard but not quite as manically as Klopp - it's mixed in with more clever positioning.

Xhaka and the other fella defo made his life easier like.

Reus? Not wrong there, but getting talented players to play well and be integral parts of his team is hardly a bad thing. Wouldn't mind him doing the same with Barkely and Deulofeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back