Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People asking the Esk whether De Boer's brother and his agent saying he's interested in the job means he is interested

Does his wife have to fly a plane over Goodison with a banner saying "don't ignore an interested De Boer"?

Jesus wept, you'll be asking Esk next whether you should do the paperwork before or after dropping the logs.

Definitely. He won the league twice in a row in Switzerland as well as some cups. And he obviously had no chance of winning the league with Gladbach. With money, support and a league that suits his style I think he'd boss it.

Plus I think what Everton DESPERATELY need is a manager who is not just exciting but is organised. They need a rock-solid system to believe in and give them confidence.
Thanks for the heads up on this very viable candidate. Would love to see us play his style of footy. Here's a little more on that:

http://theinsidechannel.com/lucien-favres-tactics-at-borussia-monchengladbach/

FDB also has many positives but I wonder do those championing him realise that his possession style is very similar to a certain Catalan.

Thanks for the heads up on this very viable candidate. Would love to see us play his style of footy. Here's a little more on that:

http://theinsidechannel.com/lucien-favres-tactics-at-borussia-monchengladbach/

FDB also has many positives but I wonder do those championing him realise that his possession style is very similar to a certain Catalan.

Haha I saw that video. I thought it was hilarious. From the title I thought it was going to be a boss slick passing move, slicing through a defense.

Nope...EIGHTEEN of the nineteen passes are around the back 4 and defensive mids, going sideways and backwards. The eighteenth pass is from CB to CB. Then he smacks it upfield for the 19th pass and the striker manages to latch onto it and score.

19-pass total football passing move my backside.

Edit: this was also against the worst team in the league who have finished the season on 18 points.

People asking the Esk whether De Boer's brother and his agent saying he's interested in the job means he is interested

Does his wife have to fly a plane over Goodison with a banner saying "don't ignore an interested De Boer"?

Jesus wept, you'll be asking Esk next whether you should do the paperwork before or after dropping the logs.

someone's jealous ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back