Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As nice as it would be to have a blue in charge, the only think that is going to keep rom and stones here is a big name manager like AVB/Mancini/mourinho and that is a far better place to invest money than to let Martinez buy more quality players to finish 12th...

I'll leave it to you mate.I have tried the last few pages...

Hypothetical replacements for Martinez....a manager of a team with a PL bog standard average net spend, but sitting midtable with every chance of finishing well into the top half and looking at its second cup SF of the season, and scoring buckets full of goals.

How did Evertonians get themselves into this entitled mess?

Hypothetical replacements for Martinez....a manager of a team with a PL bog standard average net spend, but sitting midtable with every chance of finishing well into the top half and looking at its second cup SF of the season, and scoring buckets full of goals.

How did Evertonians get themselves into this entitled mess?
I'll take that as a no to Howe shall I then mate? ;)

Honestly think Mourinho is a possibility.

Starting from a very low base thanks to one of the worst performing managers over two seasons decimating the clubs standing, alongside massive investment. I think it'd intrigue him.

It'll take us a while to adjust to a new mindset with a wealthy owner, but the Mourinho shout is definitely not a laughable one.

Starting from a very low base thanks to one of the worst performing managers over two seasons decimating the clubs standing, alongside massive investment. I think it'd intrigue him.

It'll take us a while to adjust to a new mindset with a wealthy owner, but the Mourinho shout is definitely not a laughable one.
I want to believe it is.

I'm still stuck in my skint BK mindset though.

Maybe seeing the new owner with a blue scarf on will make it all real.

He's basically admitted in an interview he's done with BT which will be broadcast in the next few days that he has a job lined up to start in July

That will most definitely not be with us

Probs. All I'm saying is a manager like that isn't beyond us.

We couldn't poach a manager from the likes of Chelsea, United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs in this country. Outside of England you're looking at the likes of PSG, Bayern, Dortmund (probably), Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, Juventus and the two Milan clubs (probably) who are bigger draws and/or able to out-muscle us financially. Outside of that (unless I'm forgetting anyone) and a few entrenched national team managers, nobody should be off the radar completely.

Imagine the kip of the RS if we got Jose. He hates them almost as much as we do. They'd be bricking it we get good again

We don't agree on some things - this is most definitely not one of them cases.

He shouldn't even be considered.
He's utter pony. His interviews alone are off putting. He's like an identikit young manager saying all the 'right' things. A drone with zero creativity...like one of those kids that came through Lilleshall...professional attitude and rubbish performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back