NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detroit could get Willis with their next pick
2 years to get him ready, 2 years on a rookie contract. might want to wait for next year. Honestly thought Goff was decent/serviceable, its just his contract is gawd awful the lions were terrible.

So many chances to take one too.

Clearly everyone knows this class stinks, so why not stack up on talent, before going for them lower down.

I am surprised Willis hasn’t went. He has some potential.

If falcons don't take one next could be 3rd round, never seen that before

not saying he'll be a better pro but Kenny is a way better college prospect than Carr was. Even Kenny's 2020 was actually sneaky good, Pitt had no OL, a historically bad running game, and played hurt.

Even this year that Pitt offense was far from stacked. He carried them. Knows how to play well when everything around him isn't perfect.

Josh Allen is causing people to lose their minds. used to be athletic marvels w/ just OK stats in college were big giant red flags. There was a graveyard of Jake Lockers, Kyle Bollers and Christian Ponders before him.
I consider this a safe enough place for me to unfurl this take: Josh Allen is one of the most overrated players in football.

But yeah, people are chasing Mahomes, Allen and Herbert (also overrated to this point) types because of what those first couple Mahomes seasons were. And I get it, but it also misses that it isn't the only way to do it and crucially that imo having super talented guys around that player matters as much.

I was wrong about Allen. I saw him in college for 4-5 games and really saw nothing. Credit to the Bills for developing him. He's the best running QB and a top 5 passer, he's legit. My only knock against Allen is that history hasn't been kind to big QBs who can run. They get injured and when they do they often are never the same. Bills desperately need a quality RB to take pressure off him, because if you want defenses against buffalo the entire front 7 just keys on Allen and ignores everyone else back there.

Another good night for the Giants, picking up Wan’Dale Robinson, Joshua Ezeudu and Cordale Flott after making a couple of positional trades

I’m happy with the Bills 2nd and 3rd picks, but I don’t think James Cook was the RB we wanted. Perhaps the Jets took Breece Hall off the board so we couldn’t get him.

Also Kyle Brandt has just set us up for a massive fall with that announcement speech.

And wow, this QB class was weak. When was the last time they were drafted so low?

Chiefs did very well overall, McDuffie and Karlaftis both could have gone in the top half of the first round, with no problem and were bagged lower down, due to the insane run on receivers.

Skyy Moore could have easily gone in the first round, but was actually a victim of that run where him and Pickens were selected later than they could have been.

Reid has won two superbowls in his 30-year NFL coaching career, and one of those was as an assistant coach. Belichick has won six as head coach in the last 22 years. Reid is definitely not Belichick.
Belichick has another two rings as the DC for the LT Giants. It's at the point where there are only two hats in the ring (maybe three if we consider Walsh on coaching tree) for the GOAT as an NFL coach, and not that many more in the ring for the greatest coach of all time in the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back