NFL 2024 Season

Even if we didn’t trade down I still think he’d have ended up in Kansas. I think we’re after Mitchell instead and can see us getting him with the newly acquired 33rd overall pick from Carolina.
Allegedly Dallas were after him so maybe not. Well done if you get Mitchell.

What do you reckon of JJ McCarthy?
Needs 3-4 years + a damn good supporting cast. Bo Nix is better and I think Bo Nix is capt staredown.

I'm actually not too high on any of these QBs.

1. Williams - positives Bears slowly appear to be building a decent offense - negatives: bad against a pass rush, really bad

2. Daniels - positives: athletic negatives: took a while, washington's OL (once good) is not. Needs a long term committment and we are in the throw the qb out about 18-24mo and draft another era.

3. Maye - positives: looked like sure fire No.1 pick 2 years ago, like he was freaking great. negatives: terrible back half of last season, the Pats literally have nothing: see Bryce Young, you are just throwing him to the wolves. He might be the best prospect and give the state of the Patriots the least likely to succeed. Sit him for a long while, maybe throw him in game 14 or something.

4. Penix - just seems similar to Geno Smith. Geno Smith was a late bloomer who started balling in his 30s. Well Kirk Cousins contract ends when Penix turns 30.

5. JJ McCarthy - I think Darnold is a better player (honestly think Darnold just really bounced to bad situtations). Also (flagged for reddit) but r/the_darnold is incredible. Why draft him, improve the OL, if Darnold sucks you'll get a top 10ish pick.

6. Bo Nix - maybe he can do what he did his sr. year dunno.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back