• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Non League Football

Yes, I’m sitting at Prescot station now 😕 , Cables weren’t great quite a rigid 4-4-2 in the first half I thought, missing Sambor and Gooodwin out wide. Widnes played well, deserved to win.

Have all of the Cables players that left returned with Daley now then? I saw some rumours that they had a strong team starting.

Have all of the Cables players that left returned with Daley now then? I saw some rumours that they had a strong team starting.
I think so , I’m useless with names. 2 players went to Marine , Sambor was an unused sub after saying he was leaving , there were 2 new signings and 3 triallists.

Mixing it up on Saturday and missing Marine-Widnes on Saturday.

Maghull - Darwen to open the North West Counties season. First time Maghull been there for 15 odd years. Should be a nice, if not modest spectacle.

£4 cannot be scoffed at.

Cables stay in the league above will be short lived, relegation impending.

They’re my local team but they were fortunate to go up and they haven’t done anywhere near enough to stay up again.

Mixing it up on Saturday and missing Marine-Widnes on Saturday.

Maghull - Darwen to open the North West Counties season. First time Maghull been there for 15 odd years. Should be a nice, if not modest spectacle.

£4 cannot be scoffed at.
I went last Saturday, decent set-up and Neptune Brewery beers in the clubhouse. I’m going to Maine Road v Steeton.

Cables stay in the league above will be short lived, relegation impending.

They’re my local team but they were fortunate to go up and they haven’t done anywhere near enough to stay up again.

I think they'll surprise a few, to be honest.

There's a big parity between the top teams and the lower teams. That said, Macclesfield budget is significantly smaller, Radcliffe who had second highest have gone up and Marine who were in top 6-7 also went up.

Basford, Mickleover, Morpeth, FC United, Bamber, Any other promoted side, Workington will be in the mix.

First game for Thornton Cleveleys today in the North West Counties First Division North at home to Nelson.

They won the West Lancashire League last season so have stepped up a level.

I’ll get going down today, I've sponsored the Man of the match award for the season and buzzing to get involved in local football again.
I’m on the way to Maine Road v Steeton in the same division as you, do you get some level of match day hospitality with your sponsorship ?

I’m on the way to Maine Road v Steeton in the same division as you, do you get some level of match day hospitality with your sponsorship ?
No mate, nothing that extravagant I’m afraid! Just get the promotional benefits for my business, in the program and on the social media feeds.
Every MOM award is sponsored by my business so get a weekly plug 😊

Only ever seen him in friendlies, but a very gifted footballer, absolutely outstanding.

You've got a big talent there. Not sure who he'll play for today though :lol:

We’ve got a very young team this season, was listening to Ello the other day saying he wants to bring in a few more experienced heads before next week. Sounds like he’ll be an exciting option though and should be a standout player at NPL West level.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back