• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Non League Football

Nantwich Town vs Bury. Nantwich 1 nil up at half time after a good run and cross from the right was finished with a bullet header. Second half they conceded straight from a corner, disappointing considering the grocks they have at CB, and then a defensive mistake a few minutes later cost them another. Bury eventually ran out 3-1 winners. Nantwich played really well first half, were much the better team in this expert pundit's opinion. They huffed and puffed second half, making loads of subs. Throughout the game, they had four trialists playing, one of whom looked well off the pace. Bury seemed to have very good players in every position, many of whom came into their own second half, they'll have a very good season based on that.

Nantwich Town vs Bury. Nantwich 1 nil up at half time after a good run and cross from the right was finished with a bullet header. Second half they conceded straight from a corner, disappointing considering the grocks they have at CB, and then a defensive mistake a few minutes later cost them another. Bury eventually ran out 3-1 winners. Nantwich played really well first half, were much the better team in this expert pundit's opinion. They huffed and puffed second half, making loads of subs. Throughout the game, they had four trialists playing, one of whom looked well off the pace. Bury seemed to have very good players in every position, many of whom came into their own second half, they'll have a very good season based on that.

Proper can’t be bothered with Bury coming up and storming our league next season. It’s inevitable though.

Proper can’t be bothered with Bury coming up and storming our league next season. It’s inevitable though.
One of the Nantwich locals told me the Bury players are on quite a bit of money c/w the teams around them. They're getting 2-3K watching them per week apparently, and better players from the leagues above are dropping down because they're paying more. Not sure if this is verifiable, but they did have very good players in each position, their subs also looked top class when they came on.

They brought a lot of supporters last night for a friendly game.

One of the Nantwich locals told me the Bury players are on quite a bit of money c/w the teams around them. They're getting 2-3K watching them per week apparently, and better players from the leagues above are dropping down because they're paying more. Not sure if this is verifiable, but they did have very good players in each position, their subs also looked top class when they came on.

They brought a lot of supporters last night for a friendly game.

Yeah, they’re basically the Phoenix club of the old Bury so brought all the supporters with them. So they get League 2 gates at step 5 of non league, there’s no way any other team at this level can compete with that. Frankly it’s embarrassing that they didn’t win the NWC league by about 20 points last season.

Yeah, they’re basically the Phoenix club of the old Bury so brought all the supporters with them. So they get League 2 gates at step 5 of non league, there’s no way any other team at this level can compete with that. Frankly it’s embarrassing that they didn’t win the NWC league by about 20 points last season.
Still getting my head around the various leagues and steps tbh mate. Just looked at Bury, last season they finished 3rd, and therefore didn't go up? Is that right?

Still getting my head around the various leagues and steps tbh mate. Just looked at Bury, last season they finished 3rd, and therefore didn't go up? Is that right?
They lost to one of the Wythenshawe clubs in the playoffs, one went up as champions. I’m sure there was footage on X of Bury fans fighting amongst themselves at the playoff final.

Yeah, same as our league, the league winners go up and 2-5 go into playoffs. Bury lost in the playoff final to one of the Wythenshawe teams, forget which one.

Welsh league team Caernarfon Town beat crusaders of Ireland tonight on penalties in the europa conference league qualifiers… Caernarfon (a part time team with average crowds of maybe 6-700) now play Legia Warsaw next round. That’s gonna be the biggest game these players wil ever play in their lives… fantastic for them.

Went to watch Welling play Leyton Orient on Tuesday. Not normally a fan of these games but it was an entertaining 1-1 draw.
Welling have actually recruited most of their squad so it wasn't the usual trialists who will never sign later.

Went to watch Welling play Leyton Orient on Tuesday. Not normally a fan of these games but it was an entertaining 1-1 draw.
Welling have actually recruited most of their squad so it wasn't the usual trialists who will never sign later.
My friends son was playing for Leyton Orient last season… think he’s still there, young goalkeeper…. Byrne

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back