• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Non League Football

Watched level 9 non-league today. Absolutely amazing. Beer in the stands, less than a tenner to get in. It's definitely winning over more and more fans from the traditional big teams. Proper footy fans are turning to this for their fix and leaving leaving PL for the tourists.

Watched level 9 non-league today. Absolutely amazing. Beer in the stands, less than a tenner to get in. It's definitely winning over more and more fans from the traditional big teams. Proper footy fans are turning to this for their fix and leaving leaving PL for the tourists.
Couldn't agree more mate !!

Ill tell you something now.

Its just amazing. If you can gi d a connection with a club, it just completely drains the Everton pain away, and makes you realise how ugly elite football had become.

On Monday I did my 100th Marine game (in just under 3 years), I've drank in every terrace, eaten some of the best football food ever, made friends for life and even run the fan-based social media :lol:

You're treated like a fan, not a customer, people take time out to ask you how you are, yhe more you go, they learn your name, you learn their name and I just wish I'd done it sooner.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Ill tell you something now.

Its just amazing. If you can gi d a connection with a club, it just completely drains the Everton pain away, and makes you realise how ugly elite football had become.

On Monday I did my 100th Marine game (in just under 3 years), I've drank in every terrace, eaten some of the best football food ever, made friends for life and even run the fan-based social media :lol:

You're treated like a fan, not a customer, people take time out to ask you how you are, yhe more you go, they learn your name, you learn their name and I just wish I'd done it sooner.

Glad you enjoyed it.

It reminds me why I loved football in the first place. It was the sense of identity, the sense of pride. I don’t identify with this version of Everton whatsoever, it’s why I stopped going back in 2019. I actually feel embarrassed when people ask me who I support, I’d rather they just didn’t ask me. How sad is that.

Non league has given me the sense of local pride back, the identity and community spirit. I’m supporting a team that represents the town I’m from, where I’ve grown up, and I can share that with my mates who are United and Liverpool fans. It’s really special, it’s different and it’s pure. A proper throwback to a time that doesn’t exist in elite level football anymore.

It reminds me why I loved football in the first place. It was the sense of identity, the sense of pride. I don’t identify with this version of Everton whatsoever, it’s why I stopped going back in 2019. I actually feel embarrassed when people ask me who I support, I’d rather they just didn’t ask me. How sad is that.

Non league has given me the sense of local pride back, the identity and community spirit. I’m supporting a team that represents the town I’m from, where I’ve grown up, and I can share that with my mates who are United and Liverpool fans. It’s really special, it’s different and it’s pure. A proper throwback to a time that doesn’t exist in elite level football anymore.

I used to be full of vitriolic hatred to Liverpool, passion bursting at seems for Everton. Liverpool fans don't even bother goading me now, cause it's not getting a reaction.

I've seen the bad, the really bad, the Kendall Pt. 3, Smith 6-4-0 Formations, but I just feel nothing when I go the game now.

Marine, is alive and kicking. I'm not replaceable, in the sense that, my opinion matters, I may be missed if I don't go. Everton have 12,000 waiting for my seat (which I retain purely for my little boy), they don't care if I give it up.

But non-league is exactly what I imagine football was like before my time, working class lads, working hard for their money, mixing with the fans, sharing the highs and lows together.

It's absolutely amazing to see this thread booming with people loving their days out regardless of the result. That's what football should be about.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back