Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
rooneybadge438getty.jpg

Talking about this today - fairly sure he'll be back when his contract expires.

Regarding money, he earns more than enough when you consider sponsorships etc. He's set for life. If anything, a loyal return to his boyhood club will make him even more marketable.

That said, if he decides to return when he's 30+ then I'll boycott Goodison until he's gone, as I'm not having anyone use our club as a footballing retirement home anymore. Don't care how good he is, the days of Ginola and Gascoigne are gone.

I don't think his contract renewal offer from Man Utd in 2015 will be anywhere near that amount tbh

This is an essential point, he earns millions from adverts etc. saying that, can't see him coming back here anytime soon, but I'm certain he'll be back with us eventually.

I coudn't even watch him play for England for a long time and hated his guts but have started to see his reaction to how he was treated as pretty natural for a kid who still cared about the game and deep down cared how we felt about him. it hurts but i have started to feel him leaving had more to do with manipulation from an agent who was little more than a crook. and i have more respect for someone who still seems to want to play for the love of it than players who are happy bench warming on 100 grand a week. i feel angry about the whole situation but its just the way the game has become obsessed with money and marketing, and lots of people on here obsessed with his wages too. i have seen enough from the lad to think his main thing is to play and be loved for it. wages don't enter into the argument if United feel there is no point having an unsettled top international going downhill at the club. pretty sure he will not be at United next season but needs fair amount of imagination to see him here. maybe there still room for that in the game

Funny how people still hold a grudge against Rooney for kissing a football badge when he was 18, but they'll happily cheer on members of our team who have form for hitting women.

Priorities lads.

Remember the stunt he pulled 2 1/2 years ago. Stomped his feet at United, wanted more money 'or else I'm going to City' in 18 months time on a free? Essentially blackmailed United into giving him a bumper new 5 year deal.

Does this sound like the man who would forego millions and millions of pounds of wages - before we even consider the fact of how the hell a £30m+ Man Utd asset with 2+ years left on his contract deal is going to wind up at skint Everton?

I know some people have their hopes, but it just isn't going to happen. Not until he's a washed up 35 year old who has exhausted all his lucrative options at other clubs first.

^What has hitting a women got to do with anything. Anything of the field should stay there. Not in the slightest interested.

Its pretty obvious Rooney is going to be offloaded sooner rather than later. Can see this coming miles off. As Keane said: the writings on the wall.

Funny how people still hold a grudge against Rooney for kissing a football badge when he was 18, but they'll happily cheer on members of our team who have form for hitting women.

Priorities lads.

Would this be people convicted of hitting women, or at least went to trial? Or is it people who had allegations made against them that were dropped quite quickly. Kind of a big difference between the two, sort of the difference between 'guilty' and 'innocent', wouldn't you say?

If you're going to start making desperate points like that to defend Rooney we need to establish the difference.

Last edited:
^What has hitting a women got to do with anything. Anything of the field should stay there. Not in the slightest interested.

Its pretty obvious Rooney is going to be offloaded sooner rather than later. Can see this coming miles off. As Keane said: the writings on the wall.

Lee Hughes likes this.

Remember the stunt he pulled 2 1/2 years ago. Stomped his feet at United, wanted more money 'or else I'm going to City' in 18 months time on a free? Essentially blackmailed United into giving him a bumper new 5 year deal.

Does this sound like the man who would forego millions and millions of pounds of wages - before we even consider the fact of how the hell a £30m+ Man Utd asset with 2+ years left on his contract deal is going to wind up at skint Everton?

I know some people have their hopes, but it just isn't going to happen. Not until he's a washed up 35 year old who has exhausted all his lucrative options at other clubs first.
agree that there no way of signing him which is why a loan deal makes some kind of sense. obviously if he is just money grabbing it won't happen but don't totally agree with your interpretation of the dispute at United. Don't think he has ever been totally loved there and he can see his legacy as greatest English player of his generation slipping away and may slip even further away if he isn't the main man somewhere next season and going into what could be a defining world cup full of confidence. United can still cash in a year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back