Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on lad, you're the one in the Oscar Pristorious thread with 'innocent until proven guilty' on speed dial.

images

Hang on lad, you're the one in the Oscar Pristorious thread with 'innocent until proven guilty' on speed dial.

Not sure what your point is mate. OJ Simpson was blatantly guilty and the sole reason he was released is because of a DNA [Poor language removed] up. Civil court later found him guilty as sin and rightly so.

Not the same as people saying Pistorius defo did it before a trial has even happened.

Not sure what your point is mate. OJ Simpson was blatantly guilty and the sole reason he was released is because of a DNA [Poor language removed] up. Civil court later found him guilty as sin and rightly so.

Not the same as people saying Pistorius defo did it before a trial has even happened.

Going all technical on my ass.

The point was about Pienaar not OJ Simpson, really. He's as much of a certain woman beater as Pristorious is a certain murderer. Even less I'd say, because Pristorious clearly shot the sh*t out of that poor woman and you know it. DON'T YOU?!?! Plus charges where actually withdrawn. Although that probably means Pienaar either bribed her or threatened to kill her dog.

Yes, dont we always?

Maybe so, but when I want to be righteously indignant about someone and use them to make a point in an argument, I usually pick on people who have actually been convicted and found guilty, as opposed to someone who had false allegations made against them and were never even charged, 5 years ago.

If BK figured out a way to get Rooney back (this year) I would likely wind up going insane trying to incorporate that accomplishment into my perception of his abilities. It would quite literally shake my whole belief system to its very core. That said be nice to have our Wayne back.

I think this one is on, lads.
HURRAY!

I know Martinez is a big admirer of him.
BOOOOO!

Do you think OJ Simpson was innocent too mate ?
Wasn't directed at me but I think he was perfectly justified going after that stolen memorabilia. No way he should go to jail for trying to get his own possessions back. Utter disgrace.

Or did you mean killing those two people? He definitely did do that.

TBF Pienaar wouldn't be the first man to have to talk to police because some crazy partner made up a lie to get them in trouble.

That said the original point (that we have cheered people who have done worse) remains true so arguing about Pienaar and what he may or may not have done is kind of moot. In general sports fans tend to be very forgiving of criminal acts. Myself included.

Just change your point to drunk driving and let's move on.

OaBAaB.

Last edited:
Behave yourself, Pienaar wasn't even charged. You're being ridiculous.

Swap 'woman beater' for 'drunk driver' then. Point remains the same.

You'll happily cheer on a guy who endangered innocent people by driving around pissed and speeding, but you'll condemn an 18 year old kid who kissed a badge. Think about it.

The ironic thing, Brennan would have had more of a point if he'd just said 'Pienaar did the dirty on us to move to Spurs, yet all was forgiven when he came back', rather than use unsubstantiated nonsense.

Anyway, Rooney is totally different. It's far more of an emotive subject; rather than be our Gerrard/Carragher, he had his head turned and was manipulated something fierce by other unscrupulous parties with vested interests. In the process he was also incredibly immature with all the badge kissing. Unlike Pienaar, he didn't fail at his new club, which also plays a factor. The idea he gave his best years to someone else, then thinks he can stroll back as the prodigal son should be insulting to most/all Evertonians. A few people should have more of a sense of pride in their club. No player is bigger than the club. Rooney had his chance. I don't want United's sloppy seconds thanks.

Last edited:

Swap 'woman beater' for 'drunk driver' then. Point remains the same.

You'll happily cheer on a guy who endangered innocent people by driving around pissed and speeding, but you'll condemn an 18 year old kid who kissed a badge. Think about it.

I don't even cheer on Pienaar, I thought he was a so & so (can't swear on here) for the way he engineered his move. I also remember him throwing a sicky on derby day so he wouldn't get injured. Some of us have long memories.

Rooney is just an immature tit and it's a lot more complicated than just kissing a badge. See above post.

When I was 18 I got arrested for pissing up against the wall of a pub and trying to get away with giving the police not one, but two fake identities.

I also once jumped over a spiked fence catching my nut bag in the process.

Once let 3 of my mates ride on the roof of my car whilst I did 70mph.

When you're young you do stupid things.

When I was 18 I got arrested for pissing up against the wall of a pub and trying to get away with giving the police not one, but two fake identities.

I also once jumped over a spiked fence catching my nut bag in the process.

Once let 3 of my mates ride on the roof of my car whilst I did 70mph.

When you're young you do stupid things.
The defence rests your honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back