Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swap 'woman beater' for 'drunk driver' then. Point remains the same.

You'll happily cheer on a guy who endangered innocent people by driving around pissed and speeding, but you'll condemn an 18 year old kid who kissed a badge. Think about it.

There was a newspaper allegation that Rooney assaulted Collin wasn't there ? Although I think he sued & won he did apologise for spitting at a photographer (classy) & appeared to shag a brass whilst his missus was pregnant (not particularly classy either) .

My point if I've got one is that allowing footballers off field misbehaviours to be our moral compass is a path fraught with danger for me . Certain offences or convictions clearly are a issue (Graeme rix, marlon king & lee Hughes all spring to mind ) but we've had a captain convicted and even imprisoned & he was immensly popular so lets (whenever possible ) focus on davtors that effect the club .

For me , and I accept it probably says a lot about me , I've got more of an issue with Rooney badge kissing than a drunk escapade or a scuffle in a boozer .and actually I've for more of an issue with Rooney forgetting even airbrushing Colin Harvey from his history when asked for his influences which I believe was very hurtful .

When I was 18 I got arrested for pissing up against the wall of a pub and trying to get away with giving the police not one, but two fake identities.

I also once jumped over a spiked fence catching my nut bag in the process.

Once let 3 of my mates ride on the roof of my car whilst I did 70mph.

When you're young you do stupid things.

Was that you?! I've been after you for years.

Still makes me laught you trying to hobble away with only one bollock thought.

By the way, where the hell has this judging people based on off-field behaviour stuff come from, and why is it being used to dismiss people against Rooney coming back?

We all love the 1980s EFC squad, but I tell you what, it's a good job the tabloids weren't interested back then. Van Den Hauwe got up to all sorts, as did Gray. Southall is no angel either. I remember an interview with Sharp & Ratcliffe not so long ago in which they said they were the only ones from the mid-1980s EFC team still with the same wives, everyone else had divorced and been up to all sorts.

Disliking Wayne Rooney and disliking the idea of him coming back to Everton has absolutely nothing to do with 'liking' current EFC players who may get up to questionable activities of their own.

When I was 18 I got arrested for pissing up against the wall of a pub and trying to get away with giving the police not one, but two fake identities.

I also once jumped over a spiked fence catching my nut bag in the process.

Once let 3 of my mates ride on the roof of my car whilst I did 70mph.

When you're young you do stupid things.
agreed. don't understand this talk of pride. if he came back now it would be for pride not for money.
as far as this constant talk of it being impossible because of cash can just state again if he came back on laon it would have nothing to do with money...points that would mean it is possibility are... Rooney needs a change , United may not be prepared to sell at moment, United may not want an unhappy striker at the club day to day, United may benefit from a player hitting form again somewhere else, Rooney may want to hit top form going into World Cup, United may think a player who is not as effective as he used to be at there own club could be used to take points off their rivals, Everton can bargain with players that United want for loan plus cash

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, where the hell has this judging people based on off-field behaviour stuff come from, and why is it being used to dismiss people against Rooney coming back?

We all love the 1980s EFC squad, but I tell you what, it's a good job the tabloids weren't interested back then. Van Den Hauwe got up to all sorts, as did Gray. Southall is no angel either. I remember an interview with Sharp & Ratcliffe not so long ago in which they said they were the only ones from the mid-1980s EFC team still with the same wives, everyone else had divorced and been up to all sorts.

Disliking Wayne Rooney and disliking the idea of him coming back to Everton has absolutely nothing to do with 'liking' current EFC players who may get up to questionable activities of their own.

I had the good fortune to be a young hanger-on occasionally in the company of that squad and having read some behaviour that earns players criticism in this thread I'm confident many of them would be best considered the devil incarnate so you make a good point mate .

agreed. don't understand this talk of pride. if he came back now it would be for pride not for money.
as far as this constant talk of it being impossible because of cash can just state again if he came back on laon it would have nothing to do with money...points that would mean it is possibility are... Rooney needs a change , United may not be prepared to sell at moment, United may not want an unhappy striker at the club day to day, United may benefit from a player hitting form again somewhere else, Rooney may want to hit top form going into World Cup, United may think a player who is not as effective as he used to be at there own club could be used to take points off their rivals, Everton can bargain with players that United want for loan plus cash

If Rooney came back now, he'd be in his prime.
If/when Rooney comes back when he's 35, he's washed up.

Wayne Rooney is simply not going to sacrifice millions right now to play for Everton who may not even be in Europe next season.

I am amazed that people are even suggesting a professional footballer in his 27 year old prime is going to do this.

NOBODY does this, especially not England internationals that are global names.

If we had the moolah for the transfer fee, i reckon he would come back in a shot.

I would also like him back, but i think the reality is that he will come back in his mid 30's with Bill Kenwright beaming "I've brought him home " and later that evening Bill will collect the "Howard Kendall" award, which he has successfully defended for eight years running.

If Rooney came back now, he'd be in his prime.
If/when Rooney comes back when he's 35, he's washed up.

Wayne Rooney is simply not going to sacrifice millions right now to play for Everton who may not even be in Europe next season.

I am amazed that people are even suggesting a professional footballer in his 27 year old prime is going to do this.

NOBODY does this, especially not England internationals that are global names.

David Beckham went to America when a whole host of money bags clubs would have taken him, who were also competing in Europe.

The ironic thing, Brennan would have had more of a point if he'd just said 'Pienaar did the dirty on us to move to Spurs, yet all was forgiven when he came back', rather than use unsubstantiated nonsense.

Anyway, Rooney is totally different. It's far more of an emotive subject; rather than be our Gerrard/Carragher, he had his head turned and was manipulated something fierce by other unscrupulous parties with vested interests. In the process he was also incredibly immature with all the badge kissing. Unlike Pienaar, he didn't fail at his new club, which also plays a factor. The idea he gave his best years to someone else, then thinks he can stroll back as the prodigal son should be insulting to most/all Evertonians. A few people should have more of a sense of pride in their club. No player is bigger than the club. Rooney had his chance. I don't want United's sloppy seconds thanks.

Awkward.

Darron-Gibson-Everton-Player-Profile_2823707.jpg

David Beckham went to America when a whole host of money bags clubs would have taken him, who were also competing in Europe.

He wasn't paid in peanuts out there though. He was well compensated, not just in wages. Developed his name and his brand. People make out he's thick, which is the biggest joke ever. That lad is one smart guy.

Yeah, I agree, it is awkward.

I didn't want Gibson either, though he's not been a bad player for us. I'm really not sure what the point is you're trying to make.

I also can't stand Neville, and Howard isn't always that great either.

We are forced to cut our cloth accordingly, because of the ridiculous board we have.

Rooney returning to Everton is completely different than us buying United fringe players that hold no emotional pull or engender strong feelings.

I remember a few lads years ago who were not happy Norman Whiteside signed for us, because of the 1985 cup final goal, and because he was washed up, as sadly proved the case when he had to retire early through injury.

Last edited:

I didn't want Gibson either. I'm really not sure what the point is you're trying to make.

I also can't stand Neville, and Howard isn't always great either.

Can you provide us a list of clubs you do want us to buy players from?

An approved transfer partner list, as it were.

"Yes I know Messi wants to come here David but Barca aren't on this list, it's crewe or nothing."

Can you provide us a list of clubs you do want us to buy players from?

An approved transfer partner list, as it were.

"Yes I know Messi wants to come here David but Barca aren't on this list, it's crewe or nothing."

No but I can give you a category of players I don't want us to sign:

- Crap ones.

I didn't want Gibson either, though he's not been a bad player for us. I'm really not sure what the point is you're trying to make.

I also can't stand Neville, and Howard isn't always that great either.

We are forced to cut our cloth accordingly, because of the ridiculous board we have.

Rooney returning to Everton is completely different than us buying United fringe players that hold no emotional pull or engender strong feelings.

I remember a few lads years ago who were not happy Norman Whiteside signed for us, because of the 1985 cup final goal, and because he was washed up, as sadly proved the case when he had to retire early through injury.

My point is that you should judge a player based on their ability, not what club they play for.

If Mirallas had played for United instead of Olympiakos would you have turned him away ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back