Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that you should judge a player based on their ability, not what club they play for.

If Mirallas had played for United instead of Olympiakos would you have turned him away ?

Of course not.

Wayne Rooney is a unique case.

It's not because of who he plays for. It's because of the way he departed, his conduct since, and what his departure represented. It's the idea he can give his best years to someone else, then come back to us when he's lost a yard or two of pace and is more injury prone, and we're all supposed to lap this up and think this is great.

It's not an anti-Man Utd thing. I'm not a Kopite, I couldn't give a toss about United.

Gibson's quite good.

As is Rooney. The fact he kissed a badge when he was 18 after getting vile abuse doesn't change that.

It's not about the badge kissing (as I've posted about 3 times now), at least not to me. If he wants to act like a tit, then proclaim himself an Evertonian, that's up to him.

What surprises me is you don't appear to be able to see why people would be against him coming back.

Last edited:
The whole badge kissing angry reaction is such a complete load of bollocks if you ask me.

If someone does something to provoke an angry reaction from you whats the best thing to do? Thats right, ignore it, will hurt them way more than being angry at them.

Badge kissing is such an empty gesture anyway. I'm pretty sure he doesn't love United just like Fellaini doesn't love Everton, but both guys kissed the badge to get a reaction. And both for understandable reasons due to knowing people would completly overreact to it.

It's not about the badge kissing. As I've posted about 3 times now.

rooneybadge438getty.jpg

Erm..

whilst I think this has almost zero chance of coming off, if his heart isn't in United at this point, they actually stand a lot to gain if he went to Everton. Everton would have a far better chance of winning against all teams with Rooney in the team, and he wouldn't be able to play against United helping them towards another title.

When I was 18 I got arrested for pissing up against the wall of a pub and trying to get away with giving the police not one, but two fake identities.

I also once jumped over a spiked fence catching my nut bag in the process.

Once let 3 of my mates ride on the roof of my car whilst I did 70mph.

When you're young you do stupid things.

mind = blown

By the way, where the hell has this judging people based on off-field behaviour stuff come from, and why is it being used to dismiss people against Rooney coming back?

We all love the 1980s EFC squad, but I tell you what, it's a good job the tabloids weren't interested back then. Van Den Hauwe got up to all sorts, as did Gray. Southall is no angel either. I remember an interview with Sharp & Ratcliffe not so long ago in which they said they were the only ones from the mid-1980s EFC team still with the same wives, everyone else had divorced and been up to all sorts.

Disliking Wayne Rooney and disliking the idea of him coming back to Everton has absolutely nothing to do with 'liking' current EFC players who may get up to questionable activities of their own.
Ooh ooh ooh what happened please???

Of course not.

Wayne Rooney is a unique case.

It's not because of who he plays for. It's because of the way he departed, his conduct since, and what his departure represented. It's the idea he can give his best years to someone else, then come back to us when he's lost a yard or two of pace and is more injury prone, and we're all supposed to lap this up and think this is great.

It's not an anti-Man Utd thing. I'm not a Kopite, I couldn't give a toss about United.

A million times this

It's not gonna happen. IF we lose Fellaini in the summer, there are much worse swap deals, but realistically, I can't see it coming off.

Him and Moyes have mended their fences haven't they? And he does seem to have matured a bit so I would accept him back, but it won't come off in my opinion.

The loan option has literally no chance of happening, generally loans are used for players who:
a) aren't regularly playing for the club
b) young and need experience
c) players who cant be shifted on a permanent deal (Nicklas Bendtner for example)

(appreciate this wont cover every single case but will cover 99% of cases)

Rooney here is neither of the above, he still plays regularly for the club albeit being dropped for their biggest game in years.

And ultimately a loan wouldn't suit United in any way,

a) nobody who would loan him would be able to cover more than half his wages.
b) he would depreciate in value to what he is now, even if he was doing better than he is now (still scored 14 in 29 this season all competitions) as he would be at a smaller club.
c) his contract would have gone down a year and so his value would have gone down even further.
d) they could get a lot of money for him if they sold him in the summer.

Above all as this deal would not suit United, whether we like it or not, they are the biggest club in England and possibly the world, and Everton aren't going to be able to 'have United over' on this one, they hold all the cards, not Everton and not Rooney unless he digs his heels in and refuses to join the clubs who bid for him in the summer if he does go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back