Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we never play any of he youth or ressies, if we just drop that whole scheme for a few years could we afford his wages?

or even better just loan them to utd for a few years to get 1st team football! as you never win anything with kids!

Daily Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...longer-first-choice-at-Manchester-United.html

What are Wayne Rooney's options now he is no longer first choice at Manchester United?
Could Wayne Rooney follow David Beckham to PSG? Or what about a move back to Everton? Following the striker's high-profile snub, we assess his options this summer.

Paris Saint-Germain
Reports this month claimed the Qatar-backed French club were considering a summer move for Rooney. They could certainly afford him, and a signing of Rooney's stature would fit with their audacious approach to breaking into the European big time. However, as one of the richest European clubs, PSG may be aiming higher, with Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez also on their radar.
Likelihood 5/10

Everton
Once a Blue, not always a Blue. But Rooney remains an Everton fan, and has strong family ties to the area. Rooney does not have the wanderlust that was always destined to take David Beckham away from Manchester, and his wife Colleen is apparently unwilling to uproot their young family. However, Rooney remains a hate figure at Goodison for his apparent betrayal, and he would have to take a whopping wage cut to rejoin the club he left as a teenager.
Likelihood 3/10.

Spain
Rooney is admired in Spain for his tenacity and talent, with Lionel Messi repeatedly talking about his admiration for Rooney's bulldog spirit. But the time for Rooney joining La Liga's elite has surely passed, particularly as Madrid no longer sign big-money players who are slightly past their best.
Likelihood 2/10

Anzhi Makhachkala
Bankrolled by billionaire Russian oligarch Suleyman Kerimov, Anzhi made Samuel Eto'o the world's highest paid player when they signed him in 2011. Could give Rooney a highly lucrative final payday, but the Dagestan location would not appeal.
Likelihood 4/10

USA
Rooney has a high profile in the US and would be regarded as a big enough name to justify "franchise player" status, and the wages that go with it. The culture, language and lifestyle would not be a jolt, and the newly-hirsute Rooney would no longer have to worry about a sunburnt bald spot. Perhaps the MLS is his most likely destination.
Likelihood 7/10.

Other Premier League clubs
Despite last night's snub, Rooney remains one of the Premier League's most consistent attackers. He has scored 11 Premier League goals this season, equal to Theo Walcott, and no player has more than his nine assists.
Should United make him available for sale, Champions League contenders like Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool would presumably show an interest, although Rooney is unlikely to offer to reduce his £250,000 wages for the sake of being a first-choice player. At this stage, staying with United looks as likely as leaving this summer.

Supposedly more chance of him going to France, Russia and USA than Everton. Interesting.

Imagine him signing for Liverpool....:lol:

haha, anzhi, i highly doubt that, doesn't strike me as a player who would want to play in russia. Anyway, this is all over nothing, fergie just played a more defensively minded player for one game

If anyone ever would be willing to potentially take a "hometown discount" perhaps it would be Wayne Rooney.

But like many others, don't see it happening.

Don't want to throw more fuel onto the fire but I did just see in the BBC sport column that the posted not long ago that their leading gossip story for tomorrow is Rooney potentially being sold in the summer and the Mirror reporting a bid of over 20 mil could swing it, only gossip and Mirror is hardly reliable but just something to debate. Don't shoot the messenger, just saying what I see.

Daily Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...longer-first-choice-at-Manchester-United.html

Supposedly more chance of him going to France, Russia and USA than Everton. Interesting.

Imagine him signing for Liverpool....:lol:

Why would he have to uproot his young family. I thought Tim Howard stayed in his same house when he moved to us. Can't Rooney just commute to FF/Goodison from wherever he lives now.

Also, I, for one, don't particularly mind Rooney's childish behavior in the past. As we say in the States, he is just a "dumb jock". He is not a cultured one like Baines for instance. If Baines were not a great athlete, he would be successful anyway. Rooney would be a criminal or just a loser of he weren't a professional athlete. With all that, if he came to us, put in a regular shift, and played well, I would support him.

Stop this nonsense now.

Rooney is at his peak age where he can commmand another massively long contract at a top salary with a CL club.

The thought of Bill 'we offered him £55k per week - honest' Kenwright talking him into playing for Everton for peanuts is frankly ludicrous.

Personally I don't believe he will be back until his contract runs out and he is on a free but it would kind of make a bit of sense if Utd sold him now especially with the speculation surrounding Ronaldo maybe coming back to Old Trafford, maybe freeing up some wages and the money they get from Rooney goes straight into the Ronaldo transfer? Just a thought.

I think people are making more of this than they need to. He was benched because he is coming back from injury and wasn't 100% fit, and ferguson obviously thought that was too much of a risk given the amount of chasing and closing down he envisaged the forwards would need to do. There have been no other signs this season that a) Rooney is unhappy or b) Ferguson is unhappy with Rooney.

He isn't going anywhere. However, if he were to leave, now would be the time to come back to us. He would obviously have to take a massive massive pay cut, which he should because he is still a massive fan, and Utd would have to take a knock down fee (which they won't). But in any case, he isn't going to leave....and to be honest, them getting knocked out is a really pain in the arse for us in the FA Cup because now they will be going all out for the double, rather than having one eye on the CL

If he wants to come back he'd take a wage cut and we'd probably have to cash in on Fellaini and possibly Baines.

It could happen, you never know in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back