Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Rooney is all about himself, he couldnt wait to get away from us after playing a handful of games, he still close to his snake of an agent. He is on 200k a week with 2 years left. Fergie can be rutless with his players and no way Rooney was left out because of a game plan. He was shown who was the boss. They will try and sell him or get him to commit to a new contract. Everton wont even enter Rooney head, he will be seeking clubs who are in the CL and can pay him a good wedge, why would he drop his wages to around 75k with us. He supports us but that does not mean he will want to play for us. He will come to us on his last professional contract, if he 28 now(cant belive he getting old quickly), he could join us when he around 32.

Copied from another thread but will post in the official one

I think it's crazy. He is benched for one game and the press go insane. Sometimes players don't start and are used as impact subs. It happens. I think the press are trying to manufacture something to sell more papers and get more hits on websites

Copied from another thread but will post in the official one

I think it's crazy. He is benched for one game and the press go insane. Sometimes players don't start and are used as impact subs. It happens. I think the press are trying to manufacture something to sell more papers and get more hits on websites

It wasnt just one game tho, it was their biggest game of the season and fergie chose Nani and Giggs over him.

It wasnt just one game tho, it was their biggest game of the season and fergie chose Nani and Giggs over him.

When you see it written down you realise how much of an error that was. It's not even hindsight, Nani once cried on the pitch and Giggs is 39.

In the first leg Fergie played Rooney very deep, I don't think he really trusts him.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope Rooney doesnt come here, if he did we would essentially be back to the Walter Smith days.

There's no chance in hell he would come here in his prime (28-32).

Regardless of how damaged the Rooney/ferguson relationship is though I'm staggered how people think we can afford this deal. Rooney is on what £200-250k a week so basically felliani , baines, Mirallas , distin & heitinga's wages which may cause us some slight issues financing not to mention us as a club not having anywhere near that transfer fee even if we sold and certainly not to spend on dead money . of course Rooney might decide to drop £150k a week for the Privilige of paying here so just about £7.8m over 12 months but obviously he'd still be out of our wages range I'd suspect we could also have some difficulty convincing united to loan a £20m asset and continue contributing to his wages.

If Rooney was in his last 3months of his wages I could see where these stories would come from but at the minute it seems fanciful at best

I've posted the below in another thread & I think there are clearly issues for Rooney at united but does that push him towards us ?? Anyway I may as well post it on here as well :

I posted in on another forum at the time but he was so close to going to city last time that the surprise to many when he didn't was palpable . I'm not sure ferguson has ever really forgiven him to be honest , I'm Not saying whether the current rumours about him leaving united are right or wrong but their relationship has been 'damaged' for years.

EDIT: I've just spoken to someone in football about this and they seem to think there is substance to the Rooney to leave united stuff , their comment was "somebody has briefed the press and its clearly not Rooney "

I believe that the only stumbling block for this would be wages, if he was willing to take a pay cut it could happen. People have to bear/bare in mind that if we don't get champions league this season Fellaini looks like he will be gone and people say we will get about 30 mil for him plus the money we have left from Fer deal etc, many also say a bid of only 20 mil could swing the Rooney deal. Don't believe it will happen but its pointless to just dismiss something completely, this is football after all.

I believe that the only stumbling block for this would be wages, if he was willing to take a pay cut it could happen. People have to bear/bare in mind that if we don't get champions league this season Fellaini looks like he will be gone and people say we will get about 30 mil for him plus the money we have left from Fer deal etc, many also say a bid of only 20 mil could swing the Rooney deal. Don't believe it will happen but its pointless to just dismiss something completely, this is football after all.

Felliani's weekly wage approx £75k and rooneys approx £250k means about a £9m pa shortfall

Be an absolute freak show if he ever returned here the expectation would be ludicrous and he'd get sent off every other week in frustration as reality hit home, certainly won't happen now while he can demand top dollar.

Not a chance we can afford his wages and can't see Man U accepting 10p a week for the rest of time for him anyway.

Be an absolute freak show if he ever returned here the expectation would be ludicrous and he'd get sent off every other week in frustration as reality hit home, certainly won't happen now while he can demand top dollar.

You make us sound like a pub side there. We're anything but.

You make us sound like a pub side there. We're anything but.

Rooney gets an armchair ride in the Prem he can have a breather float around the penno box misplace a pass or two and still notch at utd, compare that to England and (when he gets picked) against the top euro sides in the CL - he loses his rag.

The lower from Utd he drops the more he'll kick off and we ain't anywhere near utd.

Hello everyone was just reading thought i would sign up and add something to the conversation.

A few weeks ago i was on Edge Lane Old Swan and pulled up next to Rooney in the lights i gave him a beep and started speaking to him i asked would he ever return to Everton his reply was "It might be sooner than you think mate". So im kinda thinking we may do some sort of swap for Fellaini maybe he's willing to take a drop in wages for playing for the club he loves we will just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back