Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you guys are saying and it's true we are, as always, in a bad way financially but what about the massive extra tv money this year?

I don't think it's that much of a reach to effectively swap Fella and Rooney over the summer, that is of course if Wayne is happy to take a massive pay cut and just be filthy rich instead of ludicrously rich.

My money is on he will want to be ludicrously rich.

Won't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, we need to buy several players with any money that comes our way.

True. in fairness We can't spend that money on anyone because we haven't got it even if we sold Baines and Felliani I doubt we could fund spending that on a player.

Serious question does anybody really think there is even a remote chance of this happening , if so I'd can they explain to me how it'd work because it seems such a fanciful pie in the sky type discussion to me.

Someone has to be sold (top player) to get 15m down and then a drip payment over 5 years with Rooney talking a massive paycut (does he care about the money now?).

or

new owner.

True. in fairness We can't spend that money on anyone because we haven't got it even if we sold Baines and Felliani I doubt we could fund spending that on a player.

Serious question does anybody really think there is even a remote chance of this happening , if so I'd can they explain to me how it'd work because it seems such a fanciful pie in the sky type discussion to me.

So, you're saying there's definitely a chance?

Of course we can't buy him because we obvioulsy don't have any money. But a sawp deal would be realistic. I think we could get 20-25 for Fellaini and I think Man U would love to swap Rooney for Fellaini. However, the big question is if Rooney want to come back and take a big pay cut. And do we want to swap Fellaini for Rooney?

IT'S ON!

.sthgil eht ta mih ot nekops enola tel ,mih nees reven ev'I ?tcartnoc sih tuo yub eh dluoc nehw tub dluow eh gniyas toN

If the Fellaini fee is in the ball park of £31-34m and like the papers are saying United will be willing to sell for £20m, also factoring the payments they still owe us, the fact he may well want out, is unwilling to move abroad apparently due to family and is rearing his boy up an Evertonian, a chink possibility shines through doesn't it. (I would rather keep Fellaini btw, but it wouldn't be the worst way to replace him)

providing Felliani goes we could afford him providing he took a big wage cut which tbh I could see the lad must be a millionaire now and even should he return to us he would be on around £75k a week+ mega sponsership deals as he still is englands best player. Should Moyes have £25 mil to spend from felli and should we flog jelavic who is looking more and more like a pub player to someone like sunderland for say £8 mil, we could offer Utd £20 mil + installments.

Hard to see but you never know these things you do see happen and I couldnt imagine him moving abroad dont think he is smart enough to adapt to a new culture, learn the language etc.

providing Felliani goes we could afford him providing he took a big wage cut which tbh I could see the lad must be a millionaire now and even should he return to us he would be on around £75k a week+ mega sponsership deals as he still is englands best player. Should Moyes have £25 mil to spend from felli and should we flog jelavic who is looking more and more like a pub player to someone like sunderland for say £8 mil, we could offer Utd £20 mil + installments.

Hard to see but you never know these things you do see happen and I couldnt imagine him moving abroad dont think he is smart enough to adapt to a new culture, learn the language etc.

Was a good post until you mentioned selling Jelavic to Sunderland hahahaha.

Was a good post until you mentioned selling Jelavic to Sunderland hahahaha.

I would play Rooney as the main forward mate as good as he is in linking up the play with the forward he imo has lost that killer edge, £25 mil for felli and £8 mil for Jelavic could mean rooney (should he take a big pay cut) for £20 mil leaving us with around £10 mil to bring in a CAM behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back