Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
providing Felliani goes we could afford him providing he took a big wage cut which tbh I could see the lad must be a millionaire now and even should he return to us he would be on around £75k a week+ mega sponsership deals as he still is englands best player. Should Moyes have £25 mil to spend from felli and should we flog jelavic who is looking more and more like a pub player to someone like sunderland for say £8 mil, we could offer Utd £20 mil + installments.

Hard to see but you never know these things you do see happen and I couldnt imagine him moving abroad dont think he is smart enough to adapt to a new culture, learn the language etc.

You think he'll drop £175,000 a week for the honour of returning here ? Or do we give him a 7 year deal to make up the shortfall , as for the mega sponsorship deals hadnt he already got then or would our mega sharp financial people turn them up ? You also believe that of we got the figures you mention for Felliani we , as a club , could afford to write off the biggest fee in the clubs history for zero sell on value ?

Listen you can never say never and stranger things may have happened but for the life if me I can't think of any

You think he'll drop £175,000 a week for the honour of returning here ? Or do we give him a 7 year deal to make up the shortfall , as for the mega sponsorship deals hadnt he already got then or would our mega sharp financial people turn them up ? You also believe that of we got the figures you mention for Felliani we , as a club , could afford to write off the biggest fee in the clubs history for zero sell on value ?

Listen you can never say never and stranger things may have happened but for the life if me I can't think of any

As Michael Owen said there are only half a dozen sides in World football (Barca, Real, City, Chelsea, PSG and Bayern Munich) who could afford Rooney and who he would consider joining. I think it's likely to be paper talk anyway since there are no other transfer sagas to discuss while the window is shut and the Premiership's involvement in the Champions League has ended.

I agree mate its a long long shot but the lads done it all and seen it all yet still doesnt look happy, he's won the PL- the most decorated league in the world, the champions league and is on mega money so maybe he has lost that love for the game that can be felt for playing for your boyhood club challenging for the top 4 etc. He might well end up at PSG or somewhere like that but I dont think he would be happy in a league with little competition.

When you see it written down you realise how much of an error that was. It's not even Heinsight, Nani once cried on the pitch and Giggs is 39.

In the first leg Fergie played Rooney very deep, I don't think he really trusts him.

Was the best United player on the pitch Tuesday IMO.

Perfectly calm about it mate, but for a club that rarely gets to spend all of its money from player sales it's logical that a large increase in tv revenue could help in a big way and change that fact.
Since when does our board do anything logically? I have ranted about this in the past but the condensed version is: everyone is getting more money; everything will just get more expensive.

lads off their heads if they think Rooney will come to Everton and play for 70 grand a week
i could see him going to Real Madrid with Ronaldo going the other way.

if not two other clubs would be chelsea or PSG.

Rooney back at Everton.

My god that sounds good but one of the most likley things I have heard.................but stranger things have happened..................must stop thinking about it happening.

Rooney would go to Anzhi or Zenit before settling for whatever Everton could afford to pay him.

He'll be back when he's two stone overweight and his legs have gone.

Rooney would go to Anzhi or Zenit before settling for whatever Everton could afford to pay him.

He'll be back when he's two stone overweight and his legs have gone.

^ this

The thought that he'd take a massive pay cut to join us is naive in the extreme.

His next contract will be his last massive one & he'll want every last penny out of it.

Once that finishes & he's 32, fat & past it, he might fancy 'seeing his career out at his boyhood club'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back