Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-hahaha-just-kidding-e5c6e2+(1).jpg

yep very, it will happen mate

I'm a little bit drunk and a bit distracted but I do listen to anything you say mate and obviously treat it with the respect it deserves . I'm dismissive & have been in this thread of any suggestions that we can 'swoop' for him . If the lads contract was ticking down that would change things . However those in Wayne's ear & close to him would have to be on board with any approach because stretford and some of the family have a lot of influence and a move to us would cost him millions .

I will say if he came to us on a free he would deserve our adulation as itd cost him probably £10m plus , it could happen but a lot of people would have to work very hard at it mate in my humble opinion but )and I mean this ) when you say like everyone else I listen .

Okay we have debated "would he" quite a bit. For the sake of argument let's say he did. He took a big pay-cut to come back. If you are a Rooney "hater" based on the badge kissing or what have you ... now that's he's back in an Everton shirt (in this hypothetical) and took a big pay-cut to come here (in his prime ... not when he's 35 as some feared) ... and maybe he apologizes for the badge stuff (didn't he already?) .. so then how does your opinion of him change (or does it not change)?

Wayne Rooney is awesome, taking a £230,000 A WEEK WAGE CUT to come to Everton.:drunk:
I genuinely think there would be some benefits to being the player who turned down big money to go back to his home club. Isn't the mercenary nature of footballers one of the bigger complaints people have with the game? Rooney has a "mixed" public reputation -- a good PR firm could very easily swing this move into some good will. Maybe brands which avoided him for various reasons could come on board.

Extremely difficult to quantify and maybe it would just be what is ... a lot less money.

Even so .. come back Wayne!

Is Brian Reade a blue?
The multi-million dollar Wayne Rooney question is where would he move to bearing in mind Manchester United are unlikely to sell to a top-four rival and the home-loving boy wouldn’t relish a move abroad.
Here’s a ­suggestion. Why don’t Everton offer Leighton Baines or Marouane Fellaini, with a few million tagged on, in exchange?
What’s that? Rooney would never accept the wage cut? He’s made for life, claims money has never really been a motivation and, somewhere in his dad’s loft there’s an old T-shirt that reads, “Once a Blue, always a Blue.”
Over to you Wayne

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooney-should-return-everton-1751446

Reade is a kopite, loosing baines & felli for Rooney would weaken us.

Reade is genuine mate. Kopite or not he's one of the few journalists I've got absolute respect for.

I disagree with him that both Baines and Fellaini should be offered TBH but I can see his point, slightly far fetched imo, that we could go for it.

For me Rooney wouldn't go for more than 30 mill. I can't see Barca, Real, City, Bayern or Juve going for him. That means PSG or Chelsea as a likely destination.

Those who know better than me say this could happen but it just seems to unrealistic considering the type of money involved and the fact that we've never got a bean.

The article says Baines or Fellaini, if it was Fellaini plus a few million, I'd be for it. Unfortunately, I fear the bargaining tool for old whisky nose would be Baines.

I would swap Fellaini and up to £5m for Rooney, provided he was to come in on a 5 year deal on no more than £75k a week.

I can't see it but if it were to happen, I'd be made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back