Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been announced that Rooney is the 7th highest paid footballer in the World, earning 18m euro (£15.3m) per year! Doubt we'll be seeing him in a blue shirt any time soon.

1. Beckham 36m euro
2. Messi 35m
3. Ronaldo 30m
4. Eto'o 24m
5. Neymar 20m
6. Aguero 19m
7. Rooney 18m
8. Ibramovich 17.5m
9. Yaya 16.6m
10. Torres 16.3m

Really hope PSG will buy Rooney for £40M then we will receive a nice couple of millions for Moyes to strength the squad.

Bonuses and commercial deals are included but his basic pay makes up the biggest part of it. By my maths he's on over £294k per week.

Bonuses and commercial deals are included but his basic pay makes up the biggest part of it. By my maths he's on over £346k per week.

Thought it was about £250k ish but obviously other bits and bobs , it's been done to death but people thinking he'd come here are in my opinion dreaming

Fox once said he'd sooner put a grand on Rooney being here in three years than Jelavic.

Jelavic and those around him have been 'making noises' for about 6 months though , pretty much coinciding with his drop in form oddly enough, I certainly wouldn't put my house on him being here in 3 years.

I've no idea on Rooney but it doesn't really make any financial sense , I'd suspect he likes the idea of it but the reality ? I've said in the thread though IF he did come here he would be hero because it'd cost him millions.

EDIT: although like everybody else I certainly listen when he posts

Jelavic and those around him have been 'making noises' for about 6 months though , pretty much coinciding with his drop in form oddly enough, I certainly wouldn't put my house on him being here in 3 years.

I've no idea on Rooney but it doesn't really make any financial sense , I'd suspect he likes the idea of it but the reality ? I've said in the thread though IF he did come here he would be hero because it'd cost him millions.

EDIT: although like everybody else I certainly listen when he posts

I should have said, that comment was made quite a while ago.

I agree that it makes no financial sense but his case is a rare one imo. There would obviously be a fee involved and i think the new TV deal would play a big part in making any transfer possible, because under current financial restraints there is no way we could ever afford him.

You'd think he would be by far the most highly paid player at the club too.

The only way he could come here is if he buy's out the last year of his contract (which will cost him around £7-8mill) under the Webster ruling. Even with 1 year left I dont think Fergie will accept under £10mill, it will be worth more to Man U to keep him in the final year if he helps them finish 1st and win things.

I can't see Rooney handing over £7-8mill of his own cash unless we would give him a few million signing on fee, in effect paying for his release.

I couldn't be less interested in him returning, and I'm 100% certain he feels the same. He will find a big payday in Russia or elsewhere if he has really become surplus to requirements at Utd. Fergie paying him back for his outbursts a few years back, ha ha ha!

I couldn't be less interested in him returning, and I'm 100% certain he feels the same. He will find a big payday in Russia or elsewhere if he has really become surplus to requirements at Utd. Fergie paying him back for his outbursts a few years back, ha ha ha!

Surplus to requirements at United, are you sure? He has played more than majority of the United squad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he have a problem with smoking? If its true he won't be a player who plays well into his thirties.

If his fitness issues are down to this, I'd not want him back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he have a problem with smoking? If its true he won't be a player who plays well into his thirties.

If his fitness issues are down to this, I'd not want him back.

He was on camera, smoking twice. Hardly a problem.

I would love to see rooney back at everton he'd be welcomed here by most fans, though I always think in his mind he'll return in his 30's when he's **** and has nothing else to do with his career! :dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back