Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

a lot of people speculating about this because although all commercial sense seems to say it won't happen deep down many of us still want to believe that football talent wants to be remembered as that. watching him last night still seems like a player with his soul ripped out. the media will never admit they were wrong to push so hard for Rooney to leave so early for Man U but its something everyone starting to feel. brain reade maybe a red but seems to have his heart in right place and only journalist that suggested it. he went to same school as rooney too so maybe has some sense of the loss of a dream. if it captures enough peoples imagination who knows.

Has anybody else noticed that the younger a player bursts onto the scene the earlier they seem to fizzle out? It seems to happen a lot with Brazilians they seem to fade into obscurity by the time they hit 28 after being superstars as teens, maybe we are seeing that with Rooney. It happened to owen, fowler in fact the only player i can think of that bucks the trend is giggs.

i'm sure there will be lots more, I suppose it boils down to how you treat yourself off the pitch.

Has anybody else noticed that the younger a player bursts onto the scene the earlier they seem to fizzle out? It seems to happen a lot with Brazilians they seem to fade into obscurity by the time they hit 28 after being superstars as teens, maybe we are seeing that with Rooney. It happened to owen, fowler in fact the only player i can think of that bucks the trend is giggs.

i'm sure there will be lots more, I suppose it boils down to how you treat yourself off the pitch.

Pele??

probably very different reasons for Owen and Fowler. They both used a bit by Liverpool management at time and seemed to lose heart. Fowler seemed to be someone who just didn't need to play any more. made his money, lost the passion when he got ****ed by Houlier. Owen really only all about pace so injuries effected him. With Rooney I think its not too different from the Fowler situation. Had something to prove at Man U but no love for the club and gradually less love for the game. Handled very badly by Fergie and his agent. Suppose though with some personalities that achieving a lot at an early age is just going to effect your motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back