Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are making more of this than they need to. He was benched because he is coming back from injury and wasn't 100% fit, and ferguson obviously thought that was too much of a risk given the amount of chasing and closing down he envisaged the forwards would need to do. There have been no other signs this season that a) Rooney is unhappy or b) Ferguson is unhappy with Rooney.

He isn't going anywhere. However, if he were to leave, now would be the time to come back to us. He would obviously have to take a massive massive pay cut, which he should because he is still a massive fan, and Utd would have to take a knock down fee (which they won't). But in any case, he isn't going to leave....and to be honest, them getting knocked out is a really pain in the arse for us in the FA Cup because now they will be going all out for the double, rather than having one eye on the CL

Don't know about that mate. Apparently Ferguson wasn't happy with him returning for pre-season out of shape.

Last time he benched a major player against Real Madrid in the CL it was Beckham and he was gone at the end of the season. Once you fall foul of him it's the beginning of the end. Rooney will be off to PSG at the end of the season IMO.

I love the fact some people think that the most famous 'traitor' in our modern history is now suddenly going to be the one person who takes a massive (at least 50% because he's on £150k a week at Utd) pay cut just to join us, 'because he's a blue'.

Seriously, WTF are some of you lot smoking? Either that or you're on an elaborate wind up. No offence like.

This really is a RAWK calibre thread. Stop the madness

His contract runs to 2015 by which time he'll be 29 going on 30 and I can't see United letting him run it down. At the time he asked for a transfer he was the star player in quite an average United side. They've since bought Van Persie and they look like winning the league comfortably. Being left out of the starting XI against Real will have hurt but I think he'll be able to appreciate that it was for tactical reasons.

Maybe he's thinking that he'll sign another 3 year contract after this one with a top European side and then come back to Everton while he still has something left to give? I imagine that he feels like he has unfinished business with us and that he'll want to pull on the blue shirt again while he's still somewhere near the peak of his powers. I'd welcome him back in 2018.

Don't know about that mate. Apparently Ferguson wasn't happy with him returning for pre-season out of shape.

Last time he benched a major player against Real Madrid in the CL it was Beckham and he was gone at the end of the season. Once you fall foul of him it's the beginning of the end. Rooney will be off to PSG at the end of the season IMO.

If he did move to PSG I would be fairly happy because we are due 25% of the Transfer fee arnt we? So if he sold for 30 mil for example wouldn't we get something like 7.5 mil?

His contract runs to 2015 by which time he'll be 29 going on 30 and I can't see United letting him run it down. At the time he asked for a transfer he was the star player in quite an average United side. They've since bought Van Persie and they look like winning the league comfortably. Being left out of the starting XI against Real will have hurt but I think he'll be able to appreciate that it was for tactical reasons.

Maybe he's thinking that he'll sign another 3 year contract after this one with a top European side and then come back to Everton while he still has something left to give? I imagine that he feels like he has unfinished business with us and that he'll want to pull on the blue shirt again while he's still somewhere near the peak of his powers. I'd welcome him back in 2018.

To be honest, I am not sure I would want a post-30 Rooney. Obviously we don't know what he is going to be like at that age,,,he might still be great, but I would rather him at age 28.

To be honest, I am not sure I would want a post-30 Rooney. Obviously we don't know what he is going to be like at that age,,,he might still be great, but I would rather him at age 28.

I would be very, very surprised if he came back while he was still capable of playing at the highest level. He's got a good footballing brain and would still stand out in our side post 30. In 5 years' time Fellaini and Mirallas will be 30 and Barkley will still only be 24. We'd have an experienced side but they wouldn't quite be over the hill.

Why would he have to uproot his young family. I thought Tim Howard stayed in his same house when he moved to us. Can't Rooney just commute to FF/Goodison from wherever he lives now.

Also, I, for one, don't particularly mind Rooney's childish behavior in the past. As we say in the States, he is just a "dumb jock". He is not a cultured one like Baines for instance. If Baines were not a great athlete, he would be successful anyway. Rooney would be a criminal or just a loser of he weren't a professional athlete. With all that, if he came to us, put in a regular shift, and played well, I would support him.

Where do you get off coming out with stuff like that mate ? How do you possibly know what Rooney or Baines would be doing if they weren't playing football ?

I'm not interested in having him back. I don't believe in part time Blues. And I have a feeling that he will be over the hill by the time we could afford him, anyway. I don't think he'll have the motivation to maintain his fitness level beyond 30.

I would be very, very surprised if he came back while he was still capable of playing at the highest level. He's got a good footballing brain and would still stand out in our side post 30. In 5 years' time Fellaini and Mirallas will be 30 and Barkley will still only be 24. We'd have an experienced side but they wouldn't quite be over the hill.

In 5 years time neither Felli, Mirallas or Barkley will be playing for us.

Not saying this is the case BUT if Rooney has already decided he wants to come here when this contract expires in 2yrs time at the age of 29 (which would be reasonable) I can't really see what utd/SAF can do about it. They can't flog him in the summer if he doesn't want to go there!

There's clearly a love loss between the 2. Rooney hasn't looked happy at utd for a couple of years now. Just as they havnt looked happy with him for a couple of years.

Player power usually wins. It's all down to how much Rooney wants to come back and whether he wants to come back in his prime or for his reitirement. Tbh that decision could define how the majority of fans take to him. I'm pretty sure he'd realize that too.

I'd love him back as long as its before he's 30. Don't under estimate the pull of playing for your boyhood club and a son wanting his daddy playing for the team he's supporting. Plus his best mate gibbo and hibbo being here, he also clearly has a bond with jags, baines and ossie on international duty.

There's plenty of reasons he'd want back here, albeit plenty of hurdles getting back here.
Personaly think its being blown out of proportion that he was benched but u never know with football eh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back