Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike have you heard about the fox's cement mixer? I'm not sure what it means exactly but it sounds scary.

Rooney often looks rather jaded these days. Still better than most maybe, but I wouldn't want a player here for nostalgia sakes if his talent has dwindled.

Jaded because his heart's not in it at Utd?

Sometimes he seems to really struggle to get into games, and you see the frustration building up him, that's when he tends to lose it.

He's won more or less everything at Utd, maybe a fresh start would do him good, if it happened at Everton he would be the 'jewel in the crown'. The pressure would be on, but I would think he would have a point to prove. This is his boyhood club and everything he achieved would mean more.

If he retired right now he would be remembered as a footballing great; but not an Everton great. Whether he ever returns to us or not I do believe it is a wish of his to rectify that.

article-2314619-023EEF93000005DC-39_634x722.jpg

Moyes points the finger at Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney during a clash at Goodison Park in October 2008. Marouane Fellaini equalised Darren Fletcher's opener in a 1-1 draw

Was he actually pointin at rooney or

I reckon Moyes buys a new pair of shoes every week.
Like a fetish or something.

I am on 2 minds. He might relish having the pressure of being a talented successful player and having to prove that each week with a new club. It's a new challenge.

On the other hand if we did not play well each week - never got the ball as much as he would playing for United I would worry about his temperament.

I actually think he would like a move to another country but then I also believe enjoys living in the North West.

Lol he is a very confusing character is Rooney....

Rooney often looks rather jaded these days. Still better than most maybe, but I wouldn't want a player here for nostalgia sakes if his talent has dwindled.

Needs to get back to full fitness. He's looked goosed for most of the season, whether that's down to injuries or his lifestyle I don't know.

I am on 2 minds. He might relish having the pressure of being a talented successful player and having to prove that each week with a new club. It's a new challenge.

On the other hand if we did not play well each week - never got the ball as much as he would playing for United I would worry about his temperament.

I actually think he would like a move to another country but then I also believe enjoys living in the North West.

Lol he is a very confusing character is Rooney....

If he played week in week out for us that would be a guaranteed 20 goals in my opinion.

Whilst he's been overshadowed this year, he's still proven he's a quality player. It's all a pipe dream anyway, not a chance in hell he'd take a 100% drop in wages to end up here.

If he played week in week out for us that would be a guaranteed 20 goals in my opinion.

Whilst he's been overshadowed this year, he's still proven he's a quality player. It's all a pipe dream anyway, not a chance in hell he'd take a 100% drop in wages to end up here.

Who knows he may still end his career here. He has got the medals he wanted and still has a love for the club.

It would be great to think of him as "our Rooney." again ;)

Everyone with links to Rooney all claim the same, that he wants to end his career here.

I'd love him back. But as most have said not when he's on his last legs at 33 yrs old. Rooney will not be able to play on into his mid-thirties like alot of players, his build, lifestyle ect just won't allow it. He already at 27/28 needs to be playing week in week out or he suffers somewhat.

If he wants back he really needs to be planning for it now! He's got what 2 more years left on his utd deal? Meaning next season, then going into his last the following season... I personally think he can do next season at utd but then he'd need to be getting his arse over here to be able to have a massive affect. The following year on a free would still be good but I can't honestly see fergie keeping him 2 more years... Something's definately not right there between Rooney and fergie/utd.

If he signs a new deal at utd again or moves on this summer to someone else then it's all over IMO.
I think he's a lad who needs a move he's still got time (just) to leave a mark at his boyhood club. Having won everything at utd personally think he'd be silly not to be wanting back home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back