Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes he seems to really struggle to get into games, and you see the frustration building up him, that's when he tends to lose it.

He's won more or less everything at Utd, maybe a fresh start would do him good, if it happened at Everton he would be the 'jewel in the crown'. The pressure would be on, but I would think he would have a point to prove. This is his boyhood club and everything he achieved would mean more.

If he retired right now he would be remembered as a footballing great; but not an Everton great. Whether he ever returns to us or not I do believe it is a wish of his to rectify that.

If Wayne ever decides to come home then he will help us secure (then again we always were the number 1 team in the city) our status as the number 1 team in the city.In fact Wayne will do a lot more than kick the red ****es arses.He will help this club reclaim it's place amongst the blessed and secure his status as an Everton great.The man has unfinished business here.(y)

First game back. In front of the Kop...

Rooney two foots Skrtel in frustration and gets sent off after six minutes.

Just cannot see him playing for Everton again.

I-can-see-you.gif

I don't see him leaving.

He will probably still want wages beyond affording him, even past 30. Don't see a return.

I see Fergie doing the same as Scholes and sticking him next to Carrick and bringing in another striker. I predict it won't massively improve that average CM too.

Everyone with links to Rooney all claim the same, that he wants to end his career here.

I'd love him back. But as most have said not when he's on his last legs at 33 yrs old. Rooney will not be able to play on into his mid-thirties like alot of players, his build, lifestyle ect just won't allow it. He already at 27/28 needs to be playing week in week out or he suffers somewhat.

If he wants back he really needs to be planning for it now! He's got what 2 more years left on his utd deal? Meaning next season, then going into his last the following season... I personally think he can do next season at utd but then he'd need to be getting his arse over here to be able to have a massive affect. The following year on a free would still be good but I can't honestly see fergie keeping him 2 more years... Something's definately not right there between Rooney and fergie/utd.

If he signs a new deal at utd again or moves on this summer to someone else then it's all over IMO.
I think he's a lad who needs a move he's still got time (just) to leave a mark at his boyhood club. Having won everything at utd personally think he'd be silly not to be wanting back home!

Agree with this. When his contract ends next June (2014) he will be a couple of months short of 29 so if he signs another deal at Man U or moves to another club he will be around 32/33 when his new contract finishes.

He has already said that his style of play has taken its toll and he can barely get out of bed the morning after a game (this was taken from his book) "Physically I've taken a bit of a battering over the years. When I get up in the morning after a game, I struggle to walk for the first half an hour. I ache a bit. But football has had a massive impact on my body because my game is based on speed, power and intensity." So I cant see him coming back here at 33 and making any sort of impact- it would purely be for sentimental reasons.

So in short, I believe that if he doesnt come back this summer/Jan/next summer then we wont see him in an Everton shirt again.

Reading the above as much as I would love to have him here I can't then see him wear an Everton shirt again. If he is in a lot of pain now I wonder if we will go abroad to a league which is less physical. He loves the game and I think it will be hard for him to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back